Home

Final Fantasy X skins

GOTF_Air

Hey,

i was wondering, is there any skinners working on a FFX Tidus skin or any other skins from FFX apart from the Auron one already out... i'd praise the person who duz me one soooo much..

i got loadsa pics of Tidus, Auron, Wakka any of them so if u wanna do one please email me asking!! id send them straight away!

My email is moleflogplopmoo@btopenworld.com

*chuckles* my email makes me laugh while being embarressed..

THANX !!

Ok, first thing, I'm no skinner. I know how to do it technically, but I'm not even close to having the skill to carry it out.

That said, the problem with Squaresoft characters(and most anime in general) is that the characters have specific things about them that make them stand out... Cloud Strife has his hair. Locke has his bandana. Tidus has...uh...strange pants? Anyway, the problem is that no models really would let a skin look like most of the characters. I haven't seen this Auron skin...do you know what model it uses?

Basically, it's conceivable that someone may make a model for characters like that, but few people have the (expensive) software that lets you do that. And those who do have it are concentrating more on Star Wars models from what I've seen. Rightfully so of course...but later on after all the SW bases are covered, expect plenty of others.

Posted a thread earlier this month, and it got bad hype.. I was wanting a sephiroth skin myself, and I got flamed because it was non-star wars related.. so I simply replied,

"Ok, so let me get this straight, its ok to make a superman skin and everyone goes nuts about it, but its not ok to make a sephiroth skin... where is the logic in that?! Superman, The Crow, James Bond, they Have absolutely NO RELATION to Star Wars, and people went crazy... and what seeing Superman with a saber gives you a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling? god, the thought of that is repulsive... so why not make a Sephiroth skin?.. least he dealt with the idea of the sword/saber arts... They even made a scorpion skin... I mean c'mon.. Scorpion.. he was killed by Johnny Cage, at least if making a MK model, do Sub-Zero.. ... but get my point.. ?? cuz I mean people are even putting Ninjas and Samurais into the game... and they have nothing to do with SW... but THEY are getting a warm welcome... Strange on how another's (Absath's) logic is failing...

and just for the record... it offended me when you would even compare sephiroth to a professional wrestler as a possible model for the game... I mean, I wouldn't stoop that low to want to see the Rock Either... sephiroth could be made to a jedi, or rogue jedi easily.. a lot easier than any "pro" wrestler."

CheshireKat said: Calm down Andy...

It's not that, it's just that most modelers have already got their Idea in the works and tons of other SW Ideas.

Post'l like this one have been littering the modeling boards for the past few weeks, so we're getting a bit touchy about them. I think every modeler here wants to make every SW idea there is and doesn't need to have the idea to make say a " Darth Maul" model burnt into thier head since they most likely have thought of it already.

And concerning Outside SW characters: Well, JO is a real hassle to model for in the first place, and Seph is a bit out of character in it. Take this into account with the fact that UT2003 is just around the corner and looks way easier to model for (and about the same polycount), and more fitting for such characters and you get frustrated with these requests.

We're already losing some good WIP posts by modelers with all these outside posts, so sorry for the less than enthusiastic welcome, but please try to understand.

AND FINALLY I REPLIED:

the thing that got me is that people are going hog-wild over samurais and Ninjas and Superman and Spiderman, and those 2 in particular are also animated, and where in the wide wide world do THEY play into Jedi Knight? Nowhere.. so for him to say that animated characters aren't welcome.. I say bull@$!@... last thing I want is another stupid darth maul that isn't even modeled right... i mean c'mon, there are no accurate hooded ones, or ones with horns, even with the SDK tools out.... and every other SW is all ready in production, and people are getting tired of 40 different versions of Kyle and Jan and everyone else being made... so I wanted something fresh and new... and what happens, gets slapped right back in my face... and don't say it didn;t... its not classy to try to be nice when saying something not right... everyone knows that...

I have 2 different guys all ready making Duel Maps, one of which is in beta testing (by me)(its a duel of the fates map), and the other is just about to be wireframed (its the sith temple of Korriban)... so there is my 2 cents for the SW universe...

So, Meanwhile I am still waiting for a modeler and skinner to make a sephiroth skin, cuz I mean the SDK is out, so where's the sephiroth skin... there are 30 different versions of the reborn skin being produced, but not one sephiroth.. that's ALL I want thats outside Star Wars... NO WRESTLERS, NO MORE ANIME, nothing.. Just Sephiroth.... So please, any modelers, skinners, please say you'll do it for me:)

Wow! i forgot about Cloud and Seph.. they would be good! but i still want a Tidus skin he rox! Auron skin is on http://www.massassi.net and apart from the face it sux! (sorry if peep who made it reads this but.. it duz..) well if anyone wants to have a picture of Tidus or any other character then send me an email...

I really want this skin.. i even asked Sithlord-ii to do one.. i hope he replies he is awesome!!

I took a look at that Auron skin...I have to say, it doesn't look much like Auron, but it's a good attempt considering it's using a pre-existing model.

Unfortunately, it really reinforces what I said...these characters are strange enough that they really need new models, or it just won't look like them at all. I mean, Auron without a coat is like Vader without his helmet.

Still, I'd love to see it sometime in the (unfortunately distant)future where models are made of them. All we'd need is numerical damage ratings popping over the enemy's head.

*critical hit* 9999

First i have to say, great site...

Now here is my question, wher can i find the skin to the red bodygards? The empier royal gard.

Oh.. and the winet or snow troopers.

Thanks agen for the good site, and cool skins.

To answer your question I think someone is making a red guard model so don't worry it will be kick ass I have seen it, but i don't think have seen anything about a white snow trooper. And to answer the other question. Making a FF character will most likely be hard because they all have strange figures and it would be hard to make a model in that shape. So you would really have wanted to have posted your question for a FFX or whatever character in the modeling forum. If you’re lucky (which I doubt you will be) someone might do it for you, I think someone already asked for a FFX character model but that idea was thrown away.

To answer your question I think someone is making a red guard model so don't worry it will be kick ass I have seen it, but i don't think have seen anything about a white snow trooper. And to answer the other question. Making a FF character will most likely be hard because they all have strange figures and it would be hard to make a model in that shape. So you would really have wanted to have posted your question for a FFX or whatever character in the modeling forum. If you’re lucky (which I doubt you will be) someone might do it for you, I think someone already asked for a FFX character model but that idea was thrown away.

LMAO i did.. and i think you said sumin bad bout it!

Archived