Home

sp_Assault released as a beta.........

Pseudopath

HELLO

well i go to check it out and all i get is pics and no download

well the pics look good and so on

well from what iplay that u sent me is cool and i was wondering what u have done new.

Yom

Hello all

WARNING to the people that whant to wait for the final version and see what happens and all. DO NOT READ THIS POST

and yes i did play the level still looks good i like all the changes and the sith vs jedi battle in the end but i got on Q. Did u make Tavion a god or some thing cuz I can't kill her by a saber?

and i see u are moving toward an objective am i right? the sky u put in are i going to put clouds in. one more thing can u put a button on the out side towards the end when u get the jedi i got traped out side with no way back in so can u plez put one out here for the ones that will likely get stuck out there and end up restarting the level. thanx

well it looks good and keep up the good work

Cheereo good chap!

-Yom

Hello all

WARNING to the people that whant to wait for the final version and see what happens and all. DO NOT READ THIS POST

and yes i did play the level still looks good i like all the changes and the sith vs jedi battle in the end but i got one Q. Did u make Tavion a god or some thing cuz I can't kill her by a saber?

and i see u are moving toward an objective am i right? the sky u put in are i going to put clouds in. one more thing can u put a button on the out side towards the end when u get the jedi i got traped out side with no way back in so can u plez put one out here for the ones that will likely get stuck out there and end up restarting the level. thanx

well it looks good and keep up the good work

Cheereo good chap!

-Yom

Thanks for your comments Yom, and to respond...

Tavion is the same as in the game. I will look into tweaking her though if she is hard. I added a script by JediNight to make here VERY aggressive though.

I do have an objective but nothing definate yet, please feel free to make suggestions.....

There are clouds above I might put some fog in, the FPS is about 90 on the pad (which is quite plain, i may replace it ).

I got stuck outside too, I was too busy spawning troopers and throwing them off :¬)

When I get the script working right the jedi should rush the Reborn. That will be good to watch. The FPS gets really sucky with too many... ;(

Thanks again for your support.

- Pseudopath.

Dont know... I am adding things as I go along and learn new things, this is my first map for a Quake based game ;¬)

I may add lots or may not, I dunno ;)

Depends on the feedback I get.

It does lack puzzles though, I have a couple of triggers set up to use though..........

I am considering having a finale with Desann....

I will see how things pan out.......

What do you think I should add?

- Pseudopath.

Well hello

well i think a few puzzles wouldn't hurt and a final with desann and what jedi u got left would be nice to see. and why not a few more men here hor there not to many just a few.

the objective i see is plain. explore and find jedi reinforcements

but have desann spawn in with 2 reborn. make it more interesting

well these are just ideas and nothing more

Cheereo Good Chap

-Yom

hello

thanx for the update and i played it

well like i see u have put in a few new guys to kill. and i see u made that door stay open. and in the end well that is good that the jedi dont fallow u like a bunch of lost puppy dogs and i found a prob though the room were u kill tavion at the top were the vent shaft is well it whont let me in is that suppoes to happen?

well the rest looks good well i am going to play it some more and i will tell u more when i get sick of playing it

It's thanks to people like you that this is as good as you think it to be...

But please do as Yom says and play it! I need your comments, suggestions and ideas!

I have put a fair amount of work into this map (as n00bish as it may be..) but with your help ( and the continued support of the JK][ community, you know who you are, I have asked enough questions to be remembered!) it will get better......

I want to add prefabs to certain areas, 'cause in places it looks very plain..

And to add to its appeal!

So, I'll make it you help me design it ( I will use your ideas ( and give you credit obviously) but make sure you don't recognise them, so you can enjoy the level! ).

Please play the level and add your comments here!

Thanks for reading.

- Pseudopath.

man i played your level and its really fun

saber fighting at that level force power is an art isnt it?

i think my saber got knocked out of my hands a few times, never happened to me before

i could give you some easy suggestions to make it cooler though if you want

ill just say this one thing here though

you really need to put area portals inside your doors

in that bit where your fighting tavion its drawing the rest of the entire map at the same time which makes it laggy as hell

if u want to see what i mean when ur fighting her enable cheats and type "r_showtris 1"

and it will show you all the triangles the engine is currently drawing if u do this you'll see its alot

putting area portals in is really easy if u dont know how ill explain

-patch

Originally posted by patchx

man i played your level and its really fun

saber fighting at that level force power is an art isnt it?

i think my saber got knocked out of my hands a few times, never happened to me before

i could give you some easy suggestions to make it cooler though if you want

ill just say this one thing here though

you really need to put area portals inside your doors

in that bit where your fighting tavion its drawing the rest of the entire map at the same time which makes it laggy as hell

if u want to see what i mean when ur fighting her enable cheats and type "r_showtris 1"

and it will show you all the triangles the engine is currently drawing if u do this you'll see its alot

putting area portals in is really easy if u dont know how ill explain

-patch

Any suggestions would be very well received!

Especially to improve things, I think while some of the gameplay is alright it lacks design-style, if you know what I mean.

As for area portals, I have them already. Though I checked with the r-showtris thing and it starts off alright then show the entire map again.

Can you clarify one thing for me, I misplaced my tutorial, do the area portals have to be slightly bigger than the door?

Tnx for you input.

- Pseudopath.

Do you know how I find these particular areportals?

WARNING: areaportal brush 685 doesn't touch two areas

WARNING: areaportal brush 676 doesn't touch two areas

WARNING: areaportal brush 684 doesn't touch two areas

I can't seem to find them ;(

Thanks again.

- Pseudopth.

go to misc/ find brush and search for the areaportal brush thats not touching 2 sides

make sure its touching up against all the walls surrounding the door not overlapping them

if its still says not touching 2 sides it means that the rooms are leaking together (not the type of leak you get when the whole map is leaking) that means that theres some way other then the door that the 2 rooms are open to each other,

a small hole between the wall dividing them

i can tell you a cool way to make it so that a shuttle drops thise troopers off instead of having them just appear

but its somewhat longwinded

also i reckon you should give kyle 2nd level jump so he can do more cool stuff when fighting

-patch

Thanks for the feedback, I havent played your level yet ;)

I fixed loads of leaks yesterday! about 8 in total.

so all my rooms have much better fps......

The shuttle suggestion, please email the idea, I want to add some cut scenes.

Kyle does get 2nd power force jump, it is necessary to access the second "secret".

unless you noclip that is ;)

anyway, I have a question for you.........

I have a perfectly good room made from two adjoining brushes that now has a "HOM" effect where they are joined, I am thinking about replacing them but before I do I would like to avoid it.........

Anyway i will be playing your map soon, cant wait though...........

Thanks.

- Pseudopath.

hmmm dunno

if its not a leak...

are any of the joined brushes faces caulk?

if they are try selecting the whole brush and making it whatever the major non-caulk texture is that you want then redoing the caulk parts face by face

-patch

Thanks for the suggestion patch.

I think I'll have to replace it, I just hope i don't screw anything up.... When I edited for Unreal I kept getting mysterious holes so gave up ;(

I will post you some feedback on your map soon.

I on holiday but have my Sisters floor to lay, my bathroom to decorate and a fiancee to keep happy ;)

Thanks again.

- Pseudpath.

Archived