Home

Getting rid of Jans vest in SP?

Kay'l

Exactly that.

How do I get rid of Jans goggles, vest and hip pouches in Sp?

I got a Jan skin with no vest, so all the work is done. However, in Sp, I got the skin to work, but the default vest, goggles, etc. show up over the new skin.

I can get the skin into Sp, but the extras show up.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Yoda is the Mac-Daddy of all Jedi....

I renamed the surf file both ways and still nothing. The skin works perfect in Mp. No vest, goggles, chaps, etc. But when the skin is converted for Sp, the accesories appear.

I can't figure it out...

So, Mp works fine and the skin is as it should be, but

Sp the skin works, but the vest and extras appear over the skin. Even after I change the surf file.

Unfortunately, since .surf files don't work in SP, you won't be able to do it. For some surfaces, like the goggles, you could put in your .skin file "head_goggles,nodraw", but since the vest requres the Torso_augment to be turned on when the vest is off for it to look right, you won't be able to do it. :(

BradFu!

Theres no way?

Could you modify the actual skin file? Mabye activate the torso, while disabling the vest? I looked in the skin file and it looks possable to use a torso instead, but I have no idea how to change the command so it would work. I even went into the .skin file and turned the vest and goggles off and the torso on, still nada.

I dunno, its got to be possable....

I thought the surf just told the skin file what to do. So I figured that you could directly edit the skin file, but again, zip. Tried turning stuff on and off in the skin file and nothing. Wait... if you can replace models totally, (ie: Kyle to Boba Fett) then you must be able to do that with other models as well. So it would be like putting in a new model. Not nessisarily geting rid of Jans vest but Replacing the whole model with a new Jan model.

Bah...

Thanks anyway. (still trying, too stubborn)

Just edit your npcs.cfg file (pull it out of the assets pk3 file). When you edit it, scroll down to the female Jedi and copy the surfaces that are turned off. Go up to Jan's entry and paste those lines in the same place.

Then you need to zip the file into a .pk3 (make sure to preserve the file structure -- the npcs.cfg file should be in a folder called "ext_data". zip it up, then name it something like "jan.pk3."

That should do it.

Archived