Home

Best and Worst levels in Jediknightii.. *spoilers*

Sithxace

Best level:

Bespin, Jedi Academy

Bespin was a great level, it reminded you of places vader and luke fought, and showed me how vader got from the one room to the other. It really looks like Bespin and I just cant stop playing this level.

The jedi academy level qwas neat, showing you what it all looked like and watch the jedis train, pretty sweet.

Worst Level:

Narr Shadda

It looks nothing like the city besides the darkness and space. Its a lot better than jediknight's version of it but you dont go through buildings like a maze, it should have been like breaking into buildings, each skyscrapper was something like a store or place too eat. They deffiantly needed NPCS in this level, NPCS who were just people walking around or in buidlings or on the ground.

<<<<<<<this is only my opinion>>>>>

I liked Nar Shadda quite a lot. It was inventive with the force puzzles, and gave you some good fun jumps and fights. With some reborn in there it would hvae been great.

Jedi Academy was great, yes, Bespin was okay. I liked the very first Jedi fight.

I think the first few levels would be great if you had the lightsabre. I might try them with cheats on to see.

Worst levels were the middle bits on board the doomgiver, I thought. They just lost the will to design levels well, placing enemies in places only jedis can get to, and just not thinkig as much as they do on other levels.

I agree completely.

Bespin was the greatest, it was the first level where you could kick stormie ass, as well as the first saber fighting level. Plus the level design was great, it really promoted Jedi style fighting.

And Nar Shadaa was definately the worst, the level design was the opposite of Bespin, if you tried to fight with style you died a very vertical death. Plus the snipers being unblockable... Rrgh, I'm on this damn level right now while I replay the game...

I didn't like the Cairn Dock, where you had to sneak through. Not because of difficulty (a level 4 Mind Trick and a long fall are all I needed for that level, heheh), but because it just seemed like they threw it in. Here we have Kyle blasting his way through the rest of Cairn, killing at least twice as many Stormtroopers and other Imperial slime, and here he decides to finally sneak around? That doesn't make sense. Of all the places to sneak, I would've thought you'd do that in the Doomgiver's detention area.

I also didn't like Nar Shaddaa: for a wretched hive of scum and villainy, it was awfully clean and awfully empty. No graffiti, flashing neon lights, or posters or anything, just random, armed scum. Nothing like the original Dark Forces. That Nar Shaddaa was fun: you could see anti-Rebellion posters, flashing lights, and graffiti in addiction to the random armed scum—ahhh, a Star Wars Las Vegas.

Ah, maybe we were in the "Nohing Except One Bar Where All Patrons Must Hate Jedi" district of Nar Shaddaa.

The stealth thing was ridiculous. I can imagine the conversation: Lead Designer, "All the new fps games have stealth components. Put it in there,"

Level Designer, "Thats impossible, the game ships in a month and theres no place stealth would make sense."

"Whats that you're working on? Stick it in there."

"Yes massah."

Ick.

And Nar Shadaa pissed me off even more. They give you a lightsaber and render it useless any time you're outside. What? The level was designed well (too much damn jumping though) but the Rodian snipers destroyed it. If they wanted snipers they should have put them in one of thte earlier levels as Stormtroopers.

Guest HertogJan

Nar Shaddaa had some great puzzles, but the snipers were very annoying and I expected the first level with your lightsaber to be more friendly for saberists... Only the fight in the bar was cool, slashing some aliens, hehe :D

The Jedi Academy Trials were also very cool, the best tutorial I've seen in a game yet! The ending in the Jedi Academy was also very cool, woth all your forepowers at last! The fight with desann and the ending cut scene were very dissapointing though...

The Swamp was cool, but my framerate dropped to 'non-playable' and the water was too deep -> lightsaber off, GRRRRR :mad:

I LOVE the Yavin swamps and the canyon, those are my fav eeeever :)

Actually, these are my 4 way tie lol

Jedi Academy, Bespin, Carin Installation, Yavin Swamps + Canyon.

And the worst level....

Nar Shaddaa - Too clean and...... quiet. Where IS everyone? JK Nar Shaddaa is WAY better. I had such high expectations of what it would be like in JO, and it turned out to be the exact opposite lol.

Irritating levels:

Kejim Post - cause some of the puzzels in it were hellla annoying

Artus Mines - The second time ya gotta run away from those overgrown bugs, ugh. Like 10 miles of dark narrow bug filled tunnels. AAAAAND those prisoners are dumbasses who kill NOTHING AT ALL, making it WAY harder to save em.

Archived