Home

Bending a pipe

Takeoffyouhoser

in my Sp map, the imperial outpost is powered by a geo-thermal reactor that sits in the middle of a huge pit cut out of the rock. To make this reactor look right, i need to have pipes coming to and fro. my question is how do i bend pipe to curve...like 90 degrees.

Also while i am here...how about light. i want this area to be dark, but lit by lights along the metal grated walkway. What is a good value for the main cavern ???

I just gave up on curves and patches alltogether. I tried making railings that follow the curve of an endcap and got nothing but mistakes and program crashes. if I had an internet connection on my JK2 computer, i'd turn some of my maps over to someone else to do the curved railings and such, but unfourtunately, My computer has been cut off from the rest of the world temporarily (and its a very very loooong temporary)

hey unikorn

when u say bend with the vertices do u mean you use the bend tool and then make it look a bit smoother by messing with the vertices or do u do the whole bend with the vertices?

cause my bends look crap

-patch

The best tip I have is to always, always keep your grid as high as humanly possible when working with meshes and curves and tweaking the vertices.

The higher you have it the easier it is to move about, as a rule of thumb I never go below 16, (and even then I tend to stay at 32) when playing with meshes. Anything beyond that is a serious headache if you're lining up multiple meshes or snapping them to the rest of your level.

That's a general rule of thumb period anyway, but with meshes it's particularly important.

To address the light issue, no one will know unless you post screenshots of your radiant or the game itself. What I'd recommend doing is copying your structural brushes (Walls and floor/ceiling) as well as any large detail brushes making a new map and play with it in that so you get your light strength right with fast compiles.

And he means solid, not soldi. :p

Archived