Home

Ok, some news on 1.04

BlackDove

Sheesh.. how many more of these threads do we need? It started out interesting enough, with something somewhat new being said, then it turns into the usual Raven/1.03 patch bashing and flaming between people over what should be changed if anything.

It's really old, can we talk about something else for a change? Or better yet, find a way to consolidate all of these cookie cutter whining's into one thread? (I can dream, can't I?)

Okay, got that off my chest... time to move on!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really old, can we talk about something else for a change? Or better yet, find a way to consolidate all of these cookie cutter whining's into one thread? (I can dream, can't I?)

I thought admins could do that, merge threads or something...

I didn't mean the thread to be this big actually. Just wanted the people that things are being worked on (well apparently), but I guess there is an over amount of people thinking how Raven will take their opinion into consideration...

Havoc is right.. the game is supposed to be about fun.

Unfortunately, 1.03 made the game a lot less fun for me. But rather than mope about, I played 1.03 for a while and then wrote a well-written letter (not e-mail, for some things, being professional is better) to file my complaints with Raven Software. I still occasionally play 1.03 and, just as I didn't have any problems with the DFA in 1.02, I don't have any problems with the backstab spammers. It's the endless spinning and blocking just bores me to tears and the increased lag that keeps me from playing it more.

This is not to say that there aren't some fun aspects of 1.03, so I agree wholeheartedly with Havoc's post about a "hybrid" version between 1.02 and 1.03.

In my most humble of opinions, I'm saddened to see (and hear of) increased nerfing of the saber and force powers in a game that's sold off of the name Jedi Knight. Continue nerfing the saber and force powers and all we'll have is a Q3A wanna-be game set in a galaxy far, far away... If that happens, JK2 will probably be forgotten by most in late June/August when UT2k3 hits the shelves.

Archived