Home

BETA Coruscant_Platform

Machine_IX

I'm a week away from a finished duel/FFA map.

The setting is a plush shuttle platform somewhere in coruscant used as a stop off point for diplomats, senators and other high rollers as they await their next connection.

I'm looking for a few BETA TESTERS who are willing to take it through 2 or more versions to perfect game-play and visuals.

Pretty much anyone can apply to test and pretty much anyone who does will be a tester, having access to a network and a few friends to help you test would be nice as it's difficult to perfect gameplay against bots (Though there will be bot support)

WHY NO PICTURES?

Basically cos if I showed you pics now no one would ever want to play it. I did all the architecture first and I'm now messing around with different textures and lighting, so either you would get screens of Disco_Inferno_platrom or Luvery_all_concrete_ platform. There should be pics appearing in a couple days.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST POST THE MAP HERE SO EVERYONE CAN DOWNLOAD IT?

It won't be a free for all beta because I want to keep in contact with the testers while we're working on it. If you are interested just post here to make me feel luved ( The more luvin I get the quicker I finish :p )

Machine

Some great up n comming maps:

Great Pit of Carkoon

duel_kamino

Egyptian Map

Pictures..... Unfortunately I work, but tonight I'll try and pull an all-nighter and get some pics up in the AM.

Leagle: Awwwwww! I only need an hour of your time for every beta. (expect 2-3) It's not a big map.

NyghtWalker: Ya I didn't want to post my E-mail till I got some pictures up.

Antilles: heh :) no probs, I'll add to the list as I catch stuff I like, Ice cave is looking nice right now.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING A TESTER POST HERE!!! And wheres my luvin??? 70-odd views and only 3 posts??!?

(!!!???)

Oh I'll be requesting this again I'm sure...

ARTISTS:

I need a night-time coruscant sky. I'm thinking stars above, buildings with lights beside, and glowing street stuff below (far far below)

And could anyone do those advertising boards seen in Episode 2 towards the end of Obi wan and Annakin's chase after the Assassin?

Darn! And I thought I was the only one working on a Coruscant platform map! :D Well, great minds think alike, right? ;)

I'm working on a map reminding of the opening scene in episode 2 - with the platform covered in thick fog. I've started building the platform itself, and I'm going to build a couple of buildings around it that will be just visible through the fog. There will also be a door in the floor in the middle of the platform (you can just about see it in the screenshots) that can be opened by force pushing a control panel nearby. I'm going to place one or two ships on the platform too.

But I guess our maps will not be exactly the same :). You're going for a nighttime theme, right? And I'm doing the foggy morning one.

I'm posting a couple of very early screenshots. The fog is too thin, I've used the bespin skybox as a placeholder and the platform is not even textured yet. No buildings yet either.

coruscant1.jpg

coruscant2.jpg

Anyways, good luck with your map - it will probably be out before mine (I'm very lazy).

EDIT: My ISP is crappy. The screens should be working now. If not, just cut and paste the url:s into the address bar in your browser. /EDIT

// Grudge

Grrr... Highjacking my thread with your evil foggy_morning_platform

:p

Seriously though I don't think they will be much alike, apart from the night/fog thing (which will make the maps feel very diffrent) my platform is not based on a platform I've seen in the films.For a start it's got an inside under the platform and it's round.

BTW the links to pics didn't work for me :(

EDIT: Just saw YOUR edit. V sexy pics :) Wait till you get to lighting, you'll be tearing your hair out :mad:

Sorry about the hijacking! I just had to :p;)

I'm trying to make mine as much as possible as the platform in episode 1 (becuse it looks cooler than the one in episode 2).

Yeah, my regular ISP won't work right now, but I've uploaded them to another place. You'll have to cut and paste the urls to a new browser window to see them. I'll fix it as soon as it's up again.

// Grudge

Yuck what a night.

Keeping it short it was looking good untill a compile error

Unspecified error - please contact John or Rick

So no screens today. I'll post another topic asking for help but if all else fails I'll do the nights work again *sigh*

ALSO it won't make the sky because it says

WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader textures/skies/stars

Frankly I'm baffled by that one, I didn't do anything with the damn picture....

Expecting screens Friday and beta Monday now.

Now to work, and bless holy jesus for coca-cola

First error: Iether

A. you have wrong parameters in a shader you're using

or

B. try re-compile again this time only FastVis 1/2

Second error:

That's normal to my knowledge. Everyone gets an error on their skybox - yet ingame it looks fine.

Cheers ;)

[Edit: oh and hey (you there! :p) can I beta test! :D)

Mmmm the first error occurs in BSP NOT in VIS. I've tried messing with shaders, including deleteing the ones I'd made since the last good compile... no joy.

Spot on with the skybox though, absolutely right.

And without a doubt YES you can beta test, because you were so helpful AND you were the first to ask :)

NOW I'm really really sick (Or so my boss thinks) and the only cure is to get a decent compile out of this beast, so time to stop with all the half-brained posts and back to the grindstone.

Is it me or is mapping addictive?

I'll beta test if you do two (2) things for me.

1. You answer this question: Why won't my trigger_hurt's work?

2. You help me beta test a CTF map I'll be doing(not done with duel map yet, need to know why trigger_hurt's don't work)

If you can answer the question (or point me to something that would tell me) and help me beta test, I'm in!

:bdroid1: Roger Roger

Problems fixed. It was a badly made custom texture by yours truely.

OK. Now it's sleep time, the cafine rush is wearing off and I'm feeling guilty about ditching work. :tsk: *tsk tsk tsk* When I'm up I will be mapping like mad to try and get some nice screens up on friday.

Nice to see some interested peeps on the tester front.

Gif: As the man once said "Groovy" Can you test the map against other PEOPLE not bots?

Grets Sirob:

Try this thread for trigger hurts it might help:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56903

I'll be happy to test any map as soon as I'm out of the crunch for this beta.

And no, you ask NICE if you want to be a beta tester, I don't perform tricks to get people in on this.

Things that will make me want you to be a beta tester

1. Helping me solve problems

2. Being able to test the beta against other human opponents

3. Sucking up :laughing:

mmmmm ask to beta-test today and you get more monkey!!!

:monkey4:

Originally posted by Grets Sirob

I'll beta test if you do two (2) things for me.

1. You answer this question: Why won't my trigger_hurt's work?

2. You help me beta test a CTF map I'll be doing(not done with duel map yet, need to know why trigger_hurt's don't work)

If you can answer the question (or point me to something that would tell me) and help me beta test, I'm in!

Post your questions in a new thread, instead of polluting a betatest request thread.

SCREENS

Shot 1

Inside. You can see one of the doors to outside just above center and the cicular hole at the top.

Shot 2

Outside looking in.

Shot 3

More of the outside. Small light patches on right and left are the 2 doors and the circular hole is visible too.

Shot 4

Looking in the window from the outside. You won't see this unless YOU'RE FALLING TO YOUR DOOM *Q maniacal laughter*

Told you I'd get em done for friday :)

[EDIT] Thanks you Epimetheus YES it WILL look more like Coruscant, It WILL be surrounded by buildings with lights in the background (skybox) and foreground (built in the map) there will be distant light below. B4 beta? unlikely though I light russel up something better than stars,[/EDIT]

TO DO B4 BETA:

Some more lighting, you can't see in the shots but theres a platform running right round the circular steps. There won't be too much more light outside though, I want contrast.

IF POSSIBLE the stars reflected in the metal all over the top area. I'm playing with shaders so we'll see. Also frame rates might come into play.

Doors and lifts (for those who play without force) Sheilds and health.

Bot file and of couse PK3

Over all I like it. The texturing is bland but that should will be fixed soon. Special effects should help the look out, like the star reflection on the deck. Other surprises in store down the road too.

WANT TO BETA TEST?:

E-mail me at jacob_IX@hotmail.com

I realy need people who can play against human opponents. I have a couple friends with a two comp network at their flat, but I want more opinions. Sure the level is small but: Power up placment? Railings? Clip brushes? Too small? Too big? Furniture in the way? All much more easily and acurately answered if you play against another person. Bots realy do suck.

TESTERS SELECTED:

Gif

__CKY__

AB_Legion

Please E-mail me if you still want in. I'll need to send you the address of the download.

IT'S ALIVE!!!

:joy:

I sorry.:( I be a better person now. :) I humbly request that you allow me to assist you in beta-testing you map. I would be most honored if you would selct me. I also most humbly request that you help me beta-test my map. Thank you.

Archived