Home

WIP: Sidious\Palpatine very early model

Adonai Saboath

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sith lord, one last comment (lol) about your skin. You see where his forehead meets the bridge of his nose? That needs to be lowered a bit, its between his eyes. You might want to slightly lower his eye position to acheive this. Also the lines around his mouth are a bit too curved and detailed (dark), they go more downward in the pic. His mouth could a tad less wide still, and you probably should make the neck lighter. Also, his head looks very round. Perhaps you can try to simulate part of the sides of the hood overlapping his cheeks, or just add some very dark shadows to the end of his cheeks (to simulate his head shape in the ref pic) as they are too round. Finally, the area under his nose should probably take on the same skin tone as his cheeks. I'll leave you alone now, lol. It's just that I see potential for the skin to be even better.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/index.html

http://drivingcatstudios.com/sithfinalfrown.jpg

You should release 3 different version, each with one of the different skins. That way, people have a good variety to choose from.

Personally, I think that GraFox has the best face so far, and Arco has the best robe.

The face by Sith Lord is good, but it isn't textured enough, so it looks kinda smooth in some areas. But this guy has to be one wrinkly SOB.

Are you also going to do a skin of Sidious, before he gets old(er) and wrinkley(er)?

/sith lord enters thread...reads current posts..runs away crying like a baby.

"nobody likes mine!"

j/k ;) but do bare in mind that this is my first skin. while Arco and GraFox are seasoned skinners. SO I have ALOT of competetion. it is an honor to work with them though.. (haven't actually talked to the personally...) but hey thats why theres CC. you want more texture and wrinkles...you got it. I'll start right now to recover from my battered self-esteem ....sob...

;)

-Sith Lord

nah, don't cry $ith Lord, i like your skin. it's not better than the others but more important it isn't worse. :D it will be a hard decision wich skin i will use in the end... we will see.

i hope you continue skinning, i see a lot of talent here...

(Luuke always fighting for minorities)

i should rename me to Robin Hood

:cool:

I'm finally back after being out of power for the last 36 hours, which sucks when your trying to get a model out the door

A little status update. GraFox sent me his skin, It looks great :D I've been completely out of the loop though so I have no idea where Arco and §ith Lord are right now. I'll e-mail you both in a few mins.

§ith Lord, I really love the way that face looks in game right now. Change it all you want, I want you to be happy with your work, but I beleive it really looks phenominal in-game right now.

I'll post again once I have some idea what stage we're at

Toonces :lightning

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

Originally posted by §ith Lord

/sith lord enters thread...reads current posts..runs away crying like a baby.

"nobody likes mine!"

j/k ;) but do bare in mind that this is my first skin. while Arco and GraFox are seasoned skinners. SO I have ALOT of competetion. it is an honor to work with them though.. (haven't actually talked to the personally...) but hey thats why theres CC. you want more texture and wrinkles...you got it. I'll start right now to recover from my battered self-esteem ....sob...

;)

-Sith Lord

o_O?!

I already said earlier I think your's is the best in my opinion, it really manages to capture Palpatine's face!! :D

I was just joking Kn1ves. but to satisfy everyone here. I did update my face texture. (and I really...REALLY think you guys are going to like this one) Im pretty sure Im finished with it. but I need your opinions first guys. I emailed the texture to toonces. it has many more wrinkles for that more "textured" look and I completely re-did his mouth and eyes. Updated pics soon

-Sith Lord

Take a look guys, §ith Lord out does himself again :D I will note that the last one is my favorate. Only suggestion I'd make is that you might want to add a little bit of white at the sides of the eyes

http://drivingcatstudios.com/sithyellow.jpg

edit: I actually changed my mind while sitting here staring at the face. That's your best one thus far Sith, I just think the eyes are bothering me a little bit. There needs to just be a little bit of white in the corners of the eyeballs.

CT :lightning

http://www.drivingcatstudios

cROsIs**, your more than welcome :) I just have to get this guy out the door sometime soon I hope :)

Getting a little off topic here for a moment, Adonai Saboath seems like a really nice guy and all, but I'd really like to have my thread back, K-man, or any of the other mods, could you guys fix the dates on the posts? Thoes first two decided to plant themselves there last time this server went crazy

Great job Sithlord! I agree that your skin is, at the very least, equal to those of the other veterans' works.

All three of these artists have done a great job. Hey, wait make that four artists because Toonces has done a nice skin as well.

Toonces,

Losing power sucks!! You got hit pretty hard by that storm huh?

Sorry man, that was me testing out the latest Emperor glm... guess I got carried away with the lightning :lightning

And yeah I only just noticed that this thread has a new "Thread Starter"

lol

Oh well, don't worry Toonces. Maybe they'll still include you in the readme!

We'll have to hook up and get those additional taunts in there now, thanks to Dest! :)

-nomad

Originally posted by Toonces

Take a look guys, §ith Lord out does himself again :D I will note that the last one is my favorate. Only suggestion I'd make is that you might want to add a little bit of white at the sides of the eyes

http://drivingcatstudios.com/sithyellow.jpg

edit: I actually changed my mind while sitting here staring at the face. That's your best one thus far Sith, I just think the eyes are bothering me a little bit. There needs to just be a little bit of white in the corners of the eyeballs.

http://www.drivingcatstudios

The last one was MUCH better :(

He's rotten-green and his eyes make him look afraid D:

And they're colour is waaaay too strong... The previous one rocked.

Yes. Now its the eye color like the guys have been saying. The nose looks a bit too long and thick(I think the bridge of the nose starts too high, it should start between his eyes). The texture is much better, and its looking more like the emperor. By the way, this is the best palpatine skin easily, the others don't look like him.

Edit: I like the mouth, its a whole lot better.

I just got home a couple mins ago and Sith sent me another face. I'll put some pics up as soon as I get on my regular box :)

IPHDTD, here's a quick breakdown on our status. We're very close to release, the mesh itself is basically complete, we have most of the sound all set. (nomad and I have topick some extra taunts) What we're missing right now is a sufficient number of skins.

So far I have one complete skin from GraFox (very nice :D) and a very nice beta skin from Arco, also §ith Lord has bent over backwards to create a brilliant facial skin for our man Palp, as well as started on his robe texture.

So that's the breakdown right now. The skins are extremely inportant so I want to give §ith Lord and Arco as much time as they need :D

Toonces :lightning

Improved yet again. The bridge of the nose is fixed very nice. His nose is still slightly too wide though, and you might want to lift the bottom of the nose up very slightly. Notice the shadows on the nose in this picture.

I still think the neck should be more bright as well. Finally, you might want to move in the right side of his mouth slightly.(to get the precise mouth width).

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/sithnoz3.jpg

And also try making his pupils a brighter tint of yellow.

Not much else. Just a few tweaks. Great Job.

edit: I guess the final thing would be his expression. (smirk/frown)

Wow, those are some great looking painting jobs sithlord!!

It's an awesome looking skin.

The shadings and everything really look excellent. I'll be honest, and say there's something about it that doensn't look like an exact replica of The Emperor from ROTJ, but I think that it is an amazing illustrative depiction of the character. And that is really cool, because you've captured the essence of the character.

I haven't been around too much lately... just been busy with other productive distractions :) (heh, actually too many distractions... some more productive than others)

I've just gotten to mess with the Jedimod1.2 (Also known as: "Dest Makes Me Giddy Once Again!")

The extra taunts will expand this sound pack a bit :)

I'm working out what sounds to use and if we should repeat some sounds and even use some variations of lines. Such as- we have, "In time, you will call me... Master." and we could add as another taunt, "I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time you will call me Master."

Thats just one example, some others might be even better used different ways. With up to twelve taunts, you can definately afford to repeat.

For anyone wondering, you CAN bind any one of the 12 taunts to a key. You can also have all the taunts bound to one key, and they will play randomly whenever it is pressed.

Also Toonces, right now we have some taunts in there that (I think) are only used in SP. So we may be able to get rid of some of them to make up for the added taunts.

I look forward to seeing more screenies of all these nice (& evil) skins!

-nomad

Toonces, don't you have a back-up generator? (Sith Energy) :lightning

thanks for the comments everyone.

it's good to hear your feedback. ok soooooo .......the skin tone is too grey (it was too green before so I tried to fix that, maybe I used too much grey) I will fix that soon.

as for the nose, I can't move that texture AT ALL unfortunately, if I do it will look messed up because that is exactly where the nose is on the model. I could probably try some shadowing in some places to make it look thinner.

neck lighter...already started that.

pupils more yellow. I also tried that on the last update but people said it was too yellow ( I always over-do things)

Although I tried to get a perfect re-creation of how he looked in RotJ, this is the best I could come up with. I think its close enough besides a few tweaks. updates on my skin will be delayed for a few days cause im going camping. sorry.

and hey this model ended up in the news of JKII.net...nice! kind of wish they mentioned mine or Toonces name in the post but oh well, maybe it will get some more publicity now. its also good to hear about the other aspects of the model. can't wait to hear those new taunts. and toonces are you still working on weighting this sucker for a more even flow of the robe?

because of my lack of time I think im gonna have to have Arco whip up a robe for me, he's better at that stuff than I am anyway. that is if he wants to do it, if not I'll finish it myself...but it will take some time because I am my own worst critic and this skin wont be released until I think it is perfect for public view

umm...btw do you guys still want a smirk version??

-Sith Lord

Archived