Home

Advice to Saber Hilt Makers!

JediGhost[SITH]

Make the hilts LONGER! Nothing looks stupider than a hilt too small to grip!

After you make it, compare it to the original. Or if you have to, try to make it the size of Maul's! Then it'll be exactly the right size, because your making them TOO SMALL!

Example:

Anakin Skywalker's Lightsaber

I'd love to use it if it was just longer!

But Anakin's saber is that small. When he holds it in both hands nearly the whole hilt is covered by them.

see http://starwars.gamigo.de/multimedia/wallpaper/4/photos/hnatek200203024.jpg

The only thing is you can't let him grap the hilt in the middle, because the then the blade would come out of nowhere, so the model holds the hilt at the bottom of the saber.

The length is ok, I think Kyle's saber is too big.

For a pic of Loke holding Ani's saber see http://starwars.gamigo.de/multimedia/wallpaper/4/photos/rysavy200107025.jpg

and you'll see that the hilt is that short

Yes, it is rather short in the movies, but it looks really....odd... in game.

Personally I would like to have Maul's saber hilt. It SHOULD be two times the length of kyle's, but it will PROBABLY be the exact same length... I'd like to have one two times the length of Kyle's.. Might be interesting.

Yes. Maul's saber has to be larger, but for a good Maul saber hilt we need the sourcecode (same old problem). Because if you just make a longer hilt model the second blade would come out of the middle of it, and that is not what we want, right.

I totally agree with you that we need most "realistic" looking saberhilts, and I really love having new and many different ones.

Your right, in the game a small hilt looks stupid, but in actuallity if you measure the saber in the game it is much longer than other lightsabers. The ones in the movie range from 10-12' while Kyle's in JK2 is well over a foot. Also with the Maul, unless someone could change the animations, holding a hilt that long in the position that the models hold the saber would look really bad.

The hands shift so much on the hilt. While holding with both hands your grips is at the bottom of the hilt. But when you put your saber away the one hand moves way up to the top of the hilt. Its kinda tricky gettin it centered correctly and scaled right. But I think id have to say.. regaurdless of "actual size" the models do use 2 hands for fighting, and your hands do move around on the hilt alot, and if your hands arent fitting on the saber correctly, I'd says its a screwed model and you guys should probably fix them. I mean they are game models right ;)

i dont think that the skeltons or animations need to edited for a really long saber hilt. it would just turn out that the character wouldn't use most of the saber. think of maul on tatooine. he used only one blade and it looked sweet (at least i think so

:D )

plus, it adds a fear factor. this guy has a ton of extra room to grip this saber, but hes not using it. hes THAT good. ok so it doesnt make any sense at all! its still cool!

P.S. hey hunter, if you read this again, this is taelon

Archived