Home

1.03 has killed all the fun

Cloud9

I think 1.03 has killed all the fun. Bacause of the LAME backstabb/backsweep move. It the only trick players use, NO FUN! in the pat versons of the game you could use ordinary slashes and the too more DMG. That was more fun. So i think the DMG of ordinary slashes should take more dmg and the backstabb/sweep could take less. 1.03 destroyed everything.

ClouD:mad:

DFA spammers are nothing compared to how Raven destroyed the saber and force combat of the game in 1.03.

Overall DFA spammers while annoying are easily defeated as long as you dont screw up and step on a buried saber.

This is also assuming NF Duel maps, if you force powers DFA spammers are really dead.

umm.. hi?

well, first of all , i'd like to state that i'm a newbie to multiplayer JK2( playing mech 4 for too long!) but after the single player i went to explore the miltiP. my version was not patched, but i found it really fun. i liked pulling, then kicking people down..and THEN as they were down slash them( pls..i know some of you have a problem with that..though i dont seem to find this moves in v1.3 anymore) etc. thing is, i dont why, but i just cant seem to do the death stances no more. i mean, hey dont take away ALL the cool things in multiplayer. i mean at least it lo0ked more acrobatic. if they didnt like the pull-kick thingy, maybe they could have made it more force costly? or something like that. dont take EVERYthing away, you know what i mean? could somebody just tell me how to do deatch moves here, cause it sucks when i go to play at a LAN shop and no body is wiling to tel me. i previously thought they had taken it out, but when i went to the LAN shop, i found out otherwise.

umm.. hi?

well, first of all , i'd like to state that i'm a newbie to multiplayer JK2( playing mech 4 for too long!) but after the single player i went to explore the miltiP. my version was not patched, but i found it really fun. i liked pulling, then kicking people down..and THEN as they were down slash them( pls..i know some of you have a problem with that..though i dont seem to find this moves in v1.3 anymore) etc. thing is, i dont why, but i just cant seem to do the death stances no more. i mean, hey dont take away ALL the cool things in multiplayer. i mean at least it lo0ked more acrobatic. if they didnt like the pull-kick thingy, maybe they could have made it more force costly? or something like that. dont take EVERYthing away, you know what i mean? could somebody just tell me how to do deatch moves here, cause it sucks when i go to play at a LAN shop and no body is wiling to tel me. i previously thought they had taken it out, but when i went to the LAN shop, i found out otherwise.

~ps : i find adding the death stances and kicking acrobatics and stuff made the game so fun. but the 1.3 patch, i feel too, has killed multiplayer.

hello and welcome to all the newcomers. sorry to hear that these 1-hit-kill moves are getting you down, but if you really like this game, dont give up. there are still a lot of people who like saber dueling and don't use any kicks or backstabs. however, if you fight someone skilled with these tactics the only way you're going to beat them is with the same tactics, and of course if you get them first.

some force powers to help you stay alive in a backstab and kicking duel are "absorb" and "protect". absorb will prevent you from being pulled and knocked down, and if you do get knocked down then using protect might save you from being killed, but only once or twice. using heal will also keep you alive, but for some strange reason a few people HATE this force power and call it cheap or whine about how it makes duels last longer. of course, these same people like to kick and backstab.

another cheap technique is the saber throw+pull. throw your saber at your opponent and when its about to hit him/her, use your force pull. this will cause the person to automatically counter with a force push and stop defending, which will allow your saber throw to hit. this is useful for keeping your opponent at a distance, but its fairly easy to avoid. again, cheap dueling comes down to who's the best at kicking/backstabbing and who gets to do these moves first.

and by the way, dfa is short for "death from above". its the red stance move where you do a regular attack then hit jump+attack+forward just as the 1st attack ends.

The patch did make MP less fun... :mad:

The old sabering stuff was way way better, changing to SP's style was the worst thing they could have done to the game.

Pull+backstab sucks

The dark side is completely useless, drain is useless, that was the only counter to lightning for the dark side and it's worthless now.

Well, at first i didn't find moves that annyoing.

Sure, backstab does a little too much damage considering how fast it is and how quickly you can recover from it, and should be fixed in the next patch, but overall it's not too bad if you are careful.

This of course untill i joined my first FFA game :eek:

Man, can i say SPAM ?!?

Hell, just to see how it was i went the same route myself.

I found i couldn't make a upper cut too fluently, so i went to a random FFA server and started spamming upper cuts and backstabs just to get a natural feel from them, using the other players as cannon fodder for training.

Mind you that i wan't actually playing, i would just jump into the fight and start uppercutting people and backstabbing them , without even aiming too much.

Well, next thing you know after 5 minutes of playing i found myself on top, 16 points above the second best score.

The funny thing is nobody complained, gess they are used to that kind of bahavior.

Duel servers rules though, hard to spam when everybody is whatching you and could call a vote to boot your ass out :)

I don't care who says what. But 300 for entire backswept thingy is way too much.

Gmme a break!

I mean, I was duelling aginst a dude with 100 health and 135 sheild (or w/e it was over 100 anyways) and get killed by backswap instantaneously.

No moves should ever able to dish out one guy who are beefed up with 100 health and 100 sheild.

Nuff said.

Well, the way it works for ME is:

For melee fighting, 1.03. I don't use the backstab, but I will DFA/Backsweep you if you're in a crowd (Strong stance doesn't backstab). I'll just jump right into the middle of a crowd; coming in butt first is lame/weak/etc.

For Dueling (both duel servers and FFA duels) 1.02, and Medium stance with Red overhands.

1.02 servers are still out there, but getting harder to find/join.

The way I look at it is I got two games for the price of one. Saber fighting IS that different with the new patch.

Either way, I don't lose focus of my reason for playing: to have fun and/or relieve stress. Yeah, it's a drag with all the pull + back stabbing/sweeping going on since the new patch, but I have tons of fun dropping DFA's on those who spam these moves. I especially love it when those same people accuse ME of spamming the DFA in 1.03 servers.:D

Judicious use of Absorb, Blue Lunge, and Red combo swings work for me in 1.03.

Absorb and tactical fighting out of Yellow stance works in 1.02.

In the end, I just play the game. Nothing is more satisfying than a good kill, even if I'm at the bottom of the leaderboard (which happens sometimes...heh).

Tek.

aka

Stealthy Cow

Archived