Home

Kir Kanos

(IK) Lucifer

http://members.aol.com/Evilmonky0/Images/Kanos.jpg

This guy is all ready to go now except for one thing!

I want custom taunts. Im not even trying to make my own, I'm trying to hook him up with some files that are already in the game. If that's not possible, Ill do brand new ones, just for him, since I know they can be done, I just need a finger pointing me in the right direction. No! Not that finger! I've seen that one too often around here!

Is it a big secret or something? I see lots of posts about taunts, but no replies, why? I see lots of models with custom taunts released...

Anyway, as soon as someone helps me figure out how to get him to do something besides say 'Come out.' or 'Hahahahahaha', I'll release it to JediKnightII.net.

Can anyone help me? I'll do a Jax as well. I was thinking of a helmed version, using the Reborn skin, but Im sick to death of reborn skins, lol.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out!

And thanks to a guy who asked me to start my own thread, he's probly right, it's more likely to be seen here than where I originally posted about it. I seem to have a problem with stepping on rules in this community... lol. Sorry again. I'm new and from a small community where we arent as formal as you guys are around here, so please forgive me if I do something else that seems odd socially. lol

First off all you are not allowed to post links to pictures. Second of all, we don't want you to make skins, as a mather of fact, skinning is outlawed here. Third of all, since you are new you need to be supervised by a senior member, fourth you didn't bow before speaking! (how do we know you ask? WE KNOW). And finaly, I'm just joking! Hehehehe. Welcome to the forum. Very nice skin by the way, some of the shines look a little odd though.

Ah, for sounds, there's really one way you must go: Crimson Empire audio dramatization! This is a full-cast audio drama, which means Kir Kanos actually does have a voice. Let me see what I can find for taunts (if I can find my copy!).

BradFu!

hey (IK) Lucifer, sorry i was so harsh in the "other" thread, i just wanted to make sure people actually saw your issue and could help you out. i think if they're checking out a certain model's progress, they may not be too helpful when it comes to other people's work. you know what i mean? are you hearing me? are you picking up what i'm putting down? good. ;)

no hard feelings, right?

unfortunately, i cannot help you when it comes to sounds/taunts for kir kanos, but BradFu's post sounds promising. *crossing fingers*

i am a fan of kir kanos ... just look at my avatar. your skin so far is very, very good, but here's my 2 cents ... are you sitting down?

1) i agree with Nanodagiardino - the armor is shiny in a weird way. go check out the jango/boba fett thread cause there was something in there about adding a shader (?) to armored parts of the skin to make it shine in the game itself. i think it was applied to jango to make his armor look newer than boba's.

2) in every picture i've seen of kanos, his armor always seems to be changing ... there's always little differences, although i don't know why. anyway, i think there needs to be more definition in his legs/feet. right now it looks like he has long red socks on. ;)

3) his armor on his chest/back comes closer together on his sides.

for 2 and 3 above, check out the image on the following site:

http://www.darkhorse.com/products/pg_profile/sku_97789/sec_search/index.html

i think this is one of the better images i could find of our only surviving royal guard. or do a search on http://www.darkhorse.com for crimson empire and you'll see all the covers.

good luck with the sounds. can't wait to see him in jkII. keep up the great work!

Cool! Thanks guys!

Adillon, I kind of agree about the topic thing, look already. Woohoo!

The armor, ya... I am having a wierd time getting it right, it kind looks like the paint chipped off of his hard plastic, cream colored armor, huh? lol As for the rest, ya the boots are kind of funny, I started getting in a hurry at that point, and I will definately look into fixing all of that other stuff! Thank you man.

I have a bunch of the comics laying around, but, he's always Kenix Kel (or however you spell it), or in shadows.... It figures, lol

Bradfu! You rock man! I cant wait! But, the thing is, Ill still need to know how to make them work, all my experiments have failed.

Thanks guys!

Oh ya! Thanks for freaking me out for about 3 seconds Nano! lol

-EDIT

I just checked out that cover and it looks to me like that red on his side is actually the red stripe on his leg extending up his uniform. There are little wrinkles near his waist. either way, I have some more work to do! Thanks man.

Well, I was only able to find the 3rd and 4th parts of it, and the pickings were pretty slim for good Taunt lines from Kanos. The best one I found was actually from Jax, but you might try using it as a Kanos taunt, since the pitch of their voices are similar. Unless you're going to do a Jax skin, in which case you should definitely save it for him :) If I find the rest of Crimson Empire, I'll see if I can find more possible taunts.

http://windu.cjb.net/kanos.zip

BradFu!

Cool!

Thanks man, and yep, I plan on doing him as well! I found some obscure Desann files deep in the game I was going to try to use, just because hs voice is bad ass. lol But I will look for that stuff you are talking about as well! I didnt even know it existed.

Ok! I figured the taunt thing out by myself! Thanks anyway guys! It's really not that hard, it just took me awhile to see how simple it was.

So, in retalliation to the general public, Im not gonna tell how to do it either, lol!

J/K, as a matter of fact, I may just write up some tutorials on how to get certain things done, since getting certain info is like mining for apples.

Thats all beside the point though! I'm going to do some last minute adjustments, (Thanks again Adillon) and add one of those files you showed me BradFu, then I'm gonna send it in.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

I decided on him saying, 'The Emperor must be avenged'. It's more fitting to his character than it is fitting of a taunt, but, hey, maybe he blames everyone he sees!

lol

That one for Jax is perfect though! I love it.

Im fixing his boots now, then he'll be all done, Im colorblind and the shine problem will most likely stay, because thats as good as I can seem to get it for now, maybe I will learn something soon and be able to udpate it. Ill look into shaders and see if that can help. But I really wanted his armor to kind of look beat up since he cant really get it replaced any longer, and he's been on his own awhile. I was trying to get it to shine a bit and look weathered. I brought the stripe from his legs up over his ribs and redid the back plate as well.

http://members.aol.com/Evilmonky0/Images/Kanos1.jpg

http://members.aol.com/Evilmonky0/Images/Kanos2.jpg

There you go. That's how he looks at this moment. As soon as the boots look good enough, Ill do blue/red versions. I'm thinkinabout dropping the red boots and doing the black boot version I've seen, but not sure yet. He already has a bot that, since I dont play as much as I should, kicks my butt. lol Seriously, it's decent for a bot. The taunt is done, and all the details are about finished.

So, boots, then blue/red. Unless I see something else before I send it in.

I released him to JediKnightII.net this morning. There are still one or two areas I wish I could have done better in, but I learned so much doing him, that the next one is bound to be even better.

Im doing skins for my Clan right now, so the world will wait a bit for my version of Carnor Jax. Ill probly do alot of skins over the next few months, if things go right, so keep an eye out if you like my stuff.

Ya, I dont know what the deal is with that, other than the fact that its being hosted by sucky AOL. Its the only space I have right now.

I just tried to see them, I couldnt at first, after several refreshes and and attempt in Internet Explorer, I got Kanos2 to work, then Kanos1 fell in line.

I checked the ftp for Kanos, and for some reason, its not there now, but that's ok, these are all old pics, and he has been touched up since then.

There will be a pic with him in about 5 poses on the d/l page, whenever that stuff gets fixed, and he gets added to the website.

So, my guess is AOL is having yet another round of crappy service, refreshes and alternative browsers are my advice.

EDIT-

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I did dull the armor a bit. It was very white and almost too shiny. I like shiny, but the maps are generally a little dark and it seemed out of place. Have a look...

Kanos9.jpg

I did forget to mention one thing in the readme when I sent it in though, and I feel bad about it. I did it when I woke up in the morning and this last thing slipped my mind. Im colorblind, making faces is really tough right now until I learn a better way, thats why all my models wear gloves, making skin sucks for me, lol.

I used a face that was a modified prisoner face done by Absath a while back. I checked his old readme and he was cool with using the files for other models. He just said he would appreciate a little credit, so I feel like an ass. it has a different mouth that Absath added, I had to put the hair back to original, make the scar (like the scar was hard, lol) and retone some of the skin. It came out looking like a fairly original face, I think mostly because Absath gave him stubble insead of a beard.

So, Absath, I apologise. Ill mention all this in the readme when I do Carnor Jax.

Archived