Home

WIP: Jedi Robes!!! (Finally)

Quite Jedi

hehe i hate to break it you, but this project of yours is not going to work out like you hope. Milkshape is the wrong program to be modeling in first of all, it chokes at even the thought of handling jk2's models.

and the robe will have to be added to and correctly anchored to the character on which it is supposed to be attached, which is going to be difficult enought, not counting the fact that you have your model in the wrong position.

the easiest thing to do would have been to create a model directly onto the game skeleton from within 3ds max.

-Abs

Originally posted by Absath

hehe i hate to break it you, but this project of yours is not going to work out like you hope. Milkshape is the wrong program to be modeling in first of all, it chokes at even the thought of handling jk2's models.

and the robe will have to be added to and correctly anchored to the character on which it is supposed to be attached, which is going to be difficult enought, not counting the fact that you have your model in the wrong position.

the easiest thing to do would have been to create a model directly onto the game skeleton from within 3ds max.

-Abs

Well now im pissed....

Can some one PLEASE tell me how to get .glm files into .xsi! Then I can base my model on the model and skelenton of the ugnaught, which has long clothing down to his ankles. I will then rescale him. We NEED Jedi Robes!!!! My Milkshape has a plugin to import files that are .xsi, so why can it not handle JKII models?

Its not too hard to do a robed charachter, there is one already, Mon Mothma, but it will be stiff and not be able to open or flow, cause the robe would need its own bones and animations to deform like that and unless you have softimage that aint happening

Originally posted by KazDvs

Its not too hard to do a robed charachter, there is one already, Mon Mothma, but it will be stiff and not be able to open or flow, cause the robe would need its own bones and animations to deform like that and unless you have softimage that aint happening

OK guys...

This is my first model and had no plans for the robes to move about while jumping, although I knew about the issue. I am however worried about the legs walking threw the long robes in game. I do know that I can make the robe fixated onto the legs so the cape moves when ever the legs do. If someone WOULD BLOODY tell me how to get the .glm files into .xsi, Maybe i WOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE MONMOTHA MODEL and skeknton as a base for my new character. I could flatten the tits and make it into a male.

I'm afraid that you can't import .glm models, at least until there is a plugin made to do it (or until Lucas Arts releases the source and some more SDK tools) so until then we're stuck with kyles and the stormtroopers animations unless you have softimage to do your own animations.

Sithlord-II's cape came out exelent on his vader model without custom animations, hopefully you (or perhaps me with my Sidious) will be able to get the robe to look good without custom animations

Keep working on your model, a robed Jedi would deffinatly get some great use :D

CT :deathii:

Quite Jedi -

i really dig your robed jedi. it makes him a little more "mysterious" than a jedi wearing a short cloak/tabbards. i can't wait to see him skinned. best of luck getting him "in-game" ... keep up the great work!

btw, i just thought how you might be able to modify the hood a little bit to cover his eyes and MAYBE modify the face a bit (when it's skinned) and make a killer model of emperor palpatine and/or darth sidious ... just my 2 cents.

well now that we've released the information, I can tell you all that Bloodriot and I already attached Jedi robes to our latest project. It will be released sometime tonite. There will be a function where you can take off/put on the robes during a game. go check out our thread for pics and more info.

-Abs

Originally posted by Absath

well now that we've released the information, I can tell you all that Bloodriot and I already attached Jedi robes to our latest project. It will be released sometime tonite. There will be a function where you can take off/put on the robes during a game. go check out our thread for pics and more info.

-Abs

I like your robes! After my first model i might try some harder yet more detailed looking models. My ONLY problem with your project, is that when the robes are on the hood isnt up. :(

I would like to take a second to clear milkshapes muddied name.

First off it handles 3000 polys just fine. I have been using milkshape for a year now and built several things that go upto or above 3000 polys. It handels it just fine. I belive it was built to handle somthing around 10k, but I am not sure.

Second I think Milkshape is a great program to use. If you are one of those honest types that doesn't want to steal yourself a copy of Max it is the best low poly modeler out there. Gmax comes close to beating it but doesn't offer the range of import export as MS3D.

Third, it really doesn't matter right now what program your using to build your meshes in. No program exports to GLA so no program can do custom animations. If he is comfortable using Milkshape to build meshes, let him. Don't degrade or belittle the program he is using because you think it is inferior.

V!G

PS personaly I prefer to use MAX over milkshape. But that's just me.

Archived