Home

fao: Pseudopath

Xcom

(Don't wanna hijack patchx's thread)

I downloaded your map and so far it's pretty good (gameplay wise ;) ). You certainly didn't make it easy. I haven't finished it yet cuz I am stuck in the area with Tavion. Where are you supposed to go from there? From one side there is a deadend (w/ explodable pipes) and I can't reach the platforms cuz I only got force jump level 1. Maybe I missed the upgrade or something.

some other comments

-You've got multiple z-fighting, practically under every door and under the glass window leading to the area with atst walkers. Need to fix that.

-The architecture is somewhat too simple, IMO. Basically, you just have large rooms/corridor with a pipe here and platforms there. Some detail and texture variation can't hurt.

Oh yeah, last thing. When you make a SP mod, it's better to keep it under separate directory. What i mean is, create sp_assault directory in GameData dir and put your pk3 in there. Player then can load a MOD sp_assault from the menu. This way you can modify all files (including objectives, subtitles, anything ) w/o actually affecting normal single player game. TIP: You can also make a BAT file (and put it into GameData) to start your mod directly from Windows and distribute it with the ZIP file (not pk3). BAT file should contain this line:

jk2sp +set fs_game sp_assault +map sp_assault

Overall: good work.

Force jump - yup you missed the upgrade! (hint : it's a force activted "door" which you also need it to find the subsequent "secret"/upgrades).

z-fighting - I am not sure what problem you mean?

architecture - I agree about the "plainess" and the texturing.

This is my first map so am getting my head around the gameplay aspects first, and besides I am VERY bad at making room designs.

I intend to practice though if I can get an idea for my next map.

SP mod thing - I didn't realise it would be classed an SP mod, well there you go! I learn something new everyday ;) I will do as you suggest about the seperate folder under the gamedata folder. Thanks for that.

Yo umay be able to answer this question about the "objective" file, if I do the above would my "modified" objectives.sp file work?

And thank you very much for your trouble and input.

I look forward to your comments when you have completed the map (what has been made by me so far anyway ;)

Cheers,

- Pseudopath.

PS comment here :-

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57012

Archived