Home

Noob questions

Bodger

I don't know if this is the appropriate section, there wasn't one called noobies.

I just bought it and haven't got a clue.

All Multiplayer questions

1) What are the red icons that look like snowflakes above some of the players heads?

2) The book says I am suppose to get some feedback in the hud telling me whether I am using strong, fast, or medium style. the only thing i see is my guy changes stances, but I don't know which stance means which style. How do I recognize what style that I am using?

3) The book also says that if I go backward (S key) and hit attack I am suppose to do some fancy backstab move, all I see my guy do is go backward and take a swipe at my opponent.

4) OK force is impossible to use in a fight, Function keys and wasd dont mix. What is a typcial way someone sets up thier config to fight and use force?

Forgive my noobish questions, but I don't even have a frame of reference.

Bodger

1) Red icons above heads mean the enemy, green icons are on your team.

2) On bottom right corner, above the picture of a lightsaber there should be a rainbow shaped bar. It is blue in light stance, yellow in medium, and red in strong stance

3) Not sure. if you are in light stance and there is a guy standing behind you, if you hit back and attack, you'll do a backstab. probably not what you're talkin about though

4) Since i use W,S,Q,E as my movement (Q and E strafe), i use R,F,G,V (as my light or dark side powers), A (Pull), D (Push), and shift as jump and ctrl as crouch (not a force but hey)

Hope this helps

The color of the HUD on the right corner of the screen tells you your stance:

Blue=Light Stance (Fast, but not that much damage)

Yellow=Medium Stance (slower than fast, but does mor damage)

Red=Hard Stance (slow, but does a lot of damage)

Each stance has different moves...the backstab your referring to is done in BLUE stance.

I use the following config:

e,s,d,f for moving

Mouse 1=primary fire

G= Secondary fire

Mouse 2=jump

Mouse wheel up=push

Mouse wheel down-pull

r=next force

t=previous force

c=absorb

v=lightsaber stance

SPACE= Use force

q=next weapon

w=previous weapon

It works for me.

If you need more info on MP moves and codes, go to this page and get my MP Guide.

http://fha.ghthomason.com/news.htm

The backstab is only being done if your enemy is behind you, but i think you know that.

I don't use force all that much, but this is part of the way my keyboard is set up:

standard "wasd" for movement. push is shift and pull is alt. These 2 are very important i think and i got them quite logically set up, though it might not be the best way. I use the standard z-x force cycling and f for activation. Then i'm left with q,r, c,v, and f1+f2 for additional handy force powers. Use the keys around your hand which you don't use, for force powers you use most oftenly.

Also, play the singleplayer if you haven't already to get a feel for how to use the force powers.

[Edit] -

Shaolin, thats a great setup btw, i hadn't thought of using push/pull on my mouse wheel!

Archived