Home

Imagine a Star Wars RPG running on the Diablo II engine!???

Guest Dark Trooper

Guest Dark Trooper

For those of you who played Diablo...imagine the game with Star Wars themes? I know that Bioware is working on one now and I hope that is going to live up to the Star Wars name. It's such a perfect fit! That magic spells would be replaced by Jedi skills, weapons could include the usual sabers and guns and give the chance to create new weapons. Collecting crystals for building lightsabers, fighting Darth Maul or Ben Kenobi...this is my dream game! What do you guys think?

Guest Rogue15

I think it had better run on an Intel 810e chipset and Compaq Presario PC with 598 mhz and 63 megs of ram at maxed out settings and still have the framerate running good. that's what i think.

Guest Tie Guy

Hey Dark Trooper. Welcome to the boards.

I wonder why they aren't running it on the Baudler's Gate 2 engine. I thought thats what they were doing, but i'll take you're word for it.

Guest Dark Trooper

They are running it on the Baldur's Gate II engine...I just happen to be more of a Diablo fan! =)

Guest Tie Guy

Oh, okay. So it is running on Baudler's Gate engine. I was wondering why they wouldn't since it is their engine.

Why do you like Diablo II better?

Guest Sherack Nhar

No they're not running it on the Baldur's Gate II engine.

The use a new, fully 3D engine that feature ultra crisp textures and facial animations. That's what the previews are saying anyway.

I can't wait for screenshots :D

Oh and by the way, the Diablo II engine is one of the worst there is. 256 colors, 640x480 (only recently upped to a measly 800x600, with a severe drop in framerate), and it's buggy. Don't get me started on the net code :mad:

Guest Tie Guy

OK, so it's not either of them, thank for clearing that up. I hope it's good. Does anyone know with this game is coming out anyway?

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

256 colors, 640x480 (only recently upped to a measly 800x600, with a severe drop in framerate), and it's buggy.

But thats the GOOD thing about D2. You can play it on old computers. It is buggy but aren't all games (they shouldn't be but they are)?

Guest Superdog
It is buggy but aren't all games (they shouldn't be but they are)?

Jedi Knight wasn't. A verifable classic by every definition, one of the best games ever made, never even released a patch, for it, perfection.

Originally posted by Superdog

Jedi Knight wasn't. A verifable classic by every definition, one of the best games ever made, never even released a patch, for it, perfection.

:eek: shot down by a newbie, j/k Superdog! Welcome aboard!

Guest Superdog

Amid having to update Half_life every fifteen seconds and Blizzard realeasing numerous patches for their games on a monthly basis, people forget all about old Kyle Katarn and his adventures in the World of long forgotten gaming prfection.

BTW: We need a Kyle Katarn smilie.

Guest Superdog

I think such a game could be fun, but some gameplay changes would have to made for it to retain the Star Wars feel. Agree?

Archived