Home

Some Findings (in regards to the DLL sources recently released)

normal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been having problems with the pack... i open the bat file and it goes into the starting up screen... but nothing else happens... i wait for like 5 minutes and then it jess closes down... could anyone explain why this is happening and how can i get it to work? thanks a lot...

Originally posted by Kiell_Randor

How can I get this mod to work in dedicated server mode?

Very easy! just add an argument to the dedicated server..

ie:

jk2ded.exe +set fs_game debug +exec server.cfg

Originally posted by JS2248

I can't get it to work; where is it supposed to be unzipped to?

[JK2 Installation Directory]\GameData

IE: I have installed JK2 to Z:\Games\JK2, so I would extract it to Z:\Games\JK2\GameData

Hrm. I added the line +set fs_game_debug to the dedicated exe, but when I type:

/g2animent 0

in the dedicated server console, it simple prints:

"server: g2animent 0"

Any suggestions?

Err.. the game client executes the command, not the server.

(btw .. / ? shouldn't that be \ ? :))

Ok, same thing is happening here.

g2animent 0-3 all spawn a hostile stormtrooper, no matter what parameters I use or what model/sound path I specify. Crap.

Does this work with JK2 1.03??? That is the version I am using.

Going back into game to try it again.

Originally posted by nugez

i wouldn't mind having stormtroopers.. all i care about is getting this thing to work.. scroll up to my first post to see what the problem is... please help me...

Try loading the modification from the Setup -> Mods menu.

I managed to get the different models to work finally. Works fine now.

Still having problems with weapons. I cannot get any of the npc's to use different weapons, they all use the default red gun. I have managed to get them to hold the lightsaber, but they do not turn it on, they just walk around with it and then die.

/boggle

Originally posted by Gooey

I managed to get the different models to work finally. Works fine now.

Still having problems with weapons. I cannot get any of the npc's to use different weapons, they all use the default red gun. I have managed to get them to hold the lightsaber, but they do not turn it on, they just walk around with it and then die.

/boggle

I got exactly the same problem with saber.They hold it strangely(their hands are like holding a gun).

I can't get loveandpeace to work.I was wondering if someone could help me out.This is what I did:I started a game with cheats enabled.Then I walk up to a person,open the console,I type /loveandpeace,THen NOTHING HAPPENS!I've tried many different things and cant get it to work!Please help me:fett:

Originally posted by Adm_FettM3

I can't get loveandpeace to work.I was wondering if someone could help me out.This is what I did:I started a game with cheats enabled.Then I walk up to a person,open the console,I type /loveandpeace,THen NOTHING HAPPENS!I've tried many different things and cant get it to work!Please help me.

Was it another player?

Here is the golden question: anyone got any bright ideas about how to make Force powers work against them?

The flag is probably set to them when they are spawned.. i'll take a look at it later. :)

Originally posted by Kranckor

Could you help I want to make a duel server (not dedicated) the normal way and then use those new codes could you help me out?

All you should have to do is load the modification (either from the command line, or from the Setup -> Mods menu), and they should work, in-game.

example command line:

jk2mp.exe +set fs_game debug

Originally posted by Kranckor

Will you please answer my question?

Sorry about missing your post! :jawa

Interesting results so far.

I have added the +set line to the server .exe. Now, we can get a hostile stormtrooper in there by entering '/g2animent' followedby ANY arguments on the client side.

However, g2animent 1, 2, 3, 0, or ANYTHING all get the same thing - a hostile stormtrooper.

Just wondering if anyone has had luck getting this working fully on a dedicated server!

Archived