Home

Custom Single Player NPC's

Daskers

I found a way to do it, but Im currently working on it since its not an "exact science".

I managed to do a working Morgan Katarn NPC wich uses the light saber and no I did not replace any already existing NPC, I actually created a new NPC.

Did the same with Shadowtroopers, added some more to acomodate the 6 versions available (if we include the 3 colors in the shadowcolors pack) but Im still having some trouble to figure out how to make it work exactly.

I believe I found out how it is but I need to further test it.

Once I get more acceptable results I will post shots of this so everyone who doesnt believe me can start believing.

Ichimoto Factory

Darth Sun

First to your question about spawning Vader w/saber...

Download the vader_desaan.pk3 SP Mod from one of the files sites (jk2files.com, jedioutcast.com, massassii.net, jediknightii.com), and extract it to your base EF folder. Now when you're ingame, pull down the console (Shift+~), type HelpUsObi 1, and then type npc spawn desann.

Now you have Vader, with sounds and saber in SP. He uses the NPC personality of Desann, but it's still excellent. A lot of heartfelt work went into this mod, though some on this board might not call it a real mod. I do though.

Now to my second issue about NPCs...

I've been through ALL of the recently released SP scripts, and haven't found anything about changing the NPC and weapon default parameters any more effectively or easily than can already be done. Hopefully the gentleman above will have more luck than I did. I tried writing new NPC scripts for spawnable characters to dramatically alter their gameplay, and not a single one worked - at least not any better than just making a custom npcs.cfg file. As far as I'm aware I followed all of the proper steps... over the last few days I became extremely frustrated.

The biggest positive I learned is that the weapon which a NPC uses dictates their character style. From the BehavED directions...

NOTE: in JK2, an entity’s

default behavior (BS_DEFAULT) is controlled by

the weapon they have equipped. If a Rodian

has a disruptor, he acts like a sniper, if he has a

lightsaber, he acts like a jedi, etc.

So, maybe that's a piece to the puzzle. The weapon that a new NPC character uses will tell the game which behavior model to use. I didn't find any of the actual behavior or weapons model configuration files, though. They must be somewhere else.

I look forward to hearing what others accomplish with NPC and weapons modifications.:cool:

Archived