Home

How do you change SP player?

Garrett555

Many, many times...sigh...here goes....

Basically, all the models and skins for kyle are stored in the directory models/players/kyle in the assets0.pk3. What you need to do is extract the files for the character you want to be, change all the directories named after the character to "kyle". then put them in a new pk3. For example....

You want to be Desann instead of kyle. So, you open assets0.pk3 (use Game File Explorer), and go to models/players/desaan...select all the desann entries, and extract them. Now you should have 6 folders....some with subfolders called "Desann". Change the name of these subfolders to "Kyle". The final step is to make the pk3. This is done with winzip. Select the 6 main folders, and right click. Choose add to zip. Add a name, followed by .pk3 i.e "spdesann.pk3". Make sure compression is normal, then click ok....put this new pk3 into your gamedata/base directory and bingo, you're playing as desann. The same process applies for any character in the game.

Hope that helps

:vadar:

Ok you can change yourself to any character you download and I can do this in minutes. Say you download Anakin. Right click on the Anakin pk3 and choose add to anakin zip then go to winzip classic. Next click open and then on anakin pk3. next extract it to base or create a new folder called anakin for example. next go to that file or models then players. Now rename the anakin folder to who you want him to replace maybe Kyle. now go into the file and go to the model_default which might be called model_default_anakin. delete the last _anakin then open the file. Rename all of the lines with the part saying /anakin/ to /kyle/ but dont alter the /stormtrooper/ lines. once done exit it and click on yes on the warning that comes up. now go back to the base directory and if you made the new anakin file then right click on that and click add to zip then add on the menu that opens then you can exit this and a zip will appear at bottom of base. you will now need to go to the top of your file options on the top of your screen go to view, folder options then the view tab. Now tick the display the full path in title bar then apply it. now close that menu and you can rename the zip from anakin.zip to anakin.pk3 and you are all set to go. You will not be able to load a saved game you have to start a new game for this to work. i hope this is detailed enough for you and happy gaming:D

It's the same process with a downloaded character...you'll find that the zip you downloaded contains a pk3. Just open this pk3, extract the files, change the sub-directory names, and bingo! I've replaved Desann with Vader using this very technique :)

Archived