Home

Sp Ai

ALIEN_JL

you just select an NPC, eg a stormtrooper. sometimes there are some different "versions" of the NPC, which you can choose in Radiant (like Commander at storms or a good or not so good saber-fighter for reborns).

If you want to set every single forcepower and a specific weapon you have to use ICARUS scripts, but in most cases the "versions" in Radiant are enough.

Ok if you can just select those characters from

some list then there must be some file/files

where their properties are defined

ext_data\npcs.cfg is propably one but it

doesn't hold all information

(example what weapons they have,

what force powers they have....) so

where are those ??

theoretically every NPC can have every weapon or force power config.

which weapon they have is also defined in the Radiant, for example you can choose between blaster and sniper rifle for a rodian, or between blaster, flechette, heavy-repeater, alt-fire flechette (grenades) and rocket launcher for stormtroopers.

I don't know where they are defined explicitely, but I think somewhere in the source code.

In the ICARUS BehaveED manual, under "General Set Fields > Players and NPCs, the command SET_WEAPON description states:

"NOTE: in JK2, an entity’s default behavior (BS_DEFAULT) is controlled by the weapon they have equipped. If a Rodian has a disruptor, he acts like a sniper, if he has a lightsaber, he acts like a jedi, etc."

Also, there is a file in the Tools folder with the new SDK release entitled "SP_entities.def" that lists some very interesting commands for controlling NPC and spawnable entity behavior, that are not listed in the npcs.cfg file.

So what I'm wondering is...

Are these all variables that should be added/modified as new scripts, or can they be added to the npcs.cfg file as an overall permanent change? Or could these be added to a gamestart.cfg file and work? Or do these need to be set within scripts on a level by level basis? Is there a master script that can effect all levels simultaneously?

Thanks for any insight.

:)

from my knowledge there is no master script, but you can write one script with your changes in it and apply it to every NPC as the spawnscript in the Radiant. You don't need to write a large script and do the changes for every NPC new, you just use a single one.

The SP_entities.def is a Radiant source file. It contains general information about entities (the description in the entity-window) and also what changes can be done to the entities (checkboxes like STARTOFF or so).

You edit these inside Radiant in the entity-setup.

Archived