Home

BATTLE DROID in progress

Destroyder121

me & [iI]DarthXakep are right now working on it.but now we need help....someone could get us anim for the droid from TPM(the phantom menace)?:D right now theres no photo of the model.ill post about the progress when we have something.pm me if intrested to rip the anims & sounds from TPM

U could not made some new animations for jk2 unless u have softimage and know how to edit the animation already existant

If u want to put the battle droid in the game u must use for the moment the animation include in the game (the file is _humanoid.gla)

er, does TPM use the Quake III engine? specifically, the modified version used by Raven in JKII? does it use the GHOUL2 rendering system? does it use .xsi and .gla files for animations? if you answered No to any of the above, ripping the anims wont work. sounds perhaps. but for anims you need 2 use the JKII ones or go buy SoftImage. The only other game i know of to use a similar setup to JKII is Soldier of Fortune 2, also by Raven. do ur research before flaming people who know what they are on about.

i've noticed that alot too, its one thing if ppl say they will try to do it, or wonder if they can do it, don't say you WILL be doing anything with the animations for JK2 until you are actually capable of doing it guys - i've looked into it a little bit but i reallyd on't know how we will be modifying the animations, without softimage nor without something to give us access into the GLA files created in softimage

heheheh

;)

I don't get the problem here :rolleyes:

What is wrong with a battle droind model that uses the standard Kyle animation sequences? Ok, it's not the mechanical movement of a droid but it's still damn cool to see it running around and to slice head of them :)

[iI]Darth Vader ... why don't you "just" build the model, skinmap it, collect sounds and get it to work in JK2. By the time you're done Raven has probably (I hope) released a nice plugin for Max that allows you to change animations :p

Originally posted by Anavel Gato

I don't get the problem here :rolleyes:

What is wrong with a battle droind model that uses the standard Kyle animation sequences? Ok, it's not the mechanical movement of a droid but it's still damn cool to see it running around and to slice head of them :)

[iI]Darth Vader ... why don't you "just" build the model, skinmap it, collect sounds and get it to work in JK2. By the time you're done Raven has probably (I hope) released a nice plugin for Max that allows you to change animations :p

i allready got a droid model in max that is tagged etc

workin on caps 'n other stuff atm, with blackwolf, so we can get it in game

flufner ya can also post your work in this thread...& me & [iI]DarthXakep would be appreciated if ya loan some anims?so we can ensure that both works get to net.personally i want to get my own battle droid to net with anims...we could corporate with ya.xakep already has made textures for the model but i need to now convert it to jk2.how i do that?also im sorry for flaming.it would be nice if ya share your anims flufner.we have textured droid already but no sounds or anims yeat.so we need some help.specially if someone would do the sound ripping job.of course flufner i would include ya in read & credits.all i need is anims & sounds & convert the model to JK2.it would be nice if ya share anims mate...contact me on msn messsanger:Ville_Mattila89@hotmail.com or by mirc in irc.quakenet.org & channel [iI].me & xakep would appreciate if ya share anims.i dont get money for xsi progmans in even 500 years...:bdroid2:

well, if you only assign one bone to each part of the mesh, and dont double up on any parts, then the animations for kyle will work and you wont get any joints bending. Its probably not exactly what your looking for but it could produce a similar effect without actually editing the animations. hope that helps

[iI] Darth Vader - you already have the anims. what everyone is trying to get into your head is that we CANT make custom anims for JKII, as of yet. the only way to do that is with SoftImage XSI, which is about 3 grand. therefore, you must use the existing animations, meaning your droid will move like Kyle and every other existing model anywhere, but thats the way it is.

look Vader the standard skeleton has 70+ bones including 3 for each finger....can u imagine doint a skeleton with 1000s frames anamation like that

that is months work for a group of pros

face it man u will have a human looking droid unless u suddenly find a amazing amount of talant time and money out of the blue!

Steg

Prophet i may have just good textures :]...im giving up on my own project.firstly:Xakep seems to be joking with me or sumthing because he should had been done the textures more better in this time.prophet e-mail me to Ville_Mattila89@hotmail.com for the textures.it got all 4 textures for all 4 droids:Security(red),pilot(blue),oom9(yellow),infranty(standard):bdroid2: i got the sounds also.look for that does not compute....your under arest.it could be good taunt.better for taunt than death sound.:bdroid2:

Hey, Vader...could I have a look at those texture too? I've been working on a battle droid for a couple of days now (didn't want to steal anyones thunder or anything; I was working on it before I knew you were...plus it's a great model to practice our skillz on :) ).

But I do have to say, that pelvis (the hip thingy between the torso and the upper legs) is a right b|tch! That's whats holding me up now: I have a near complete model, but it has no centre :) !

Also, from the screens I've grabbed from TPM, it looks like every droid has a different pelvis :p But that might just be my sucky modeling skills/eye :)

Originally posted by [iI]Darth Vader

Prophet i may have just good textures :]...im giving up on my own project.firstly:Xakep seems to be joking with me or sumthing because he should had been done the textures more better in this time.prophet e-mail me to Ville_Mattila89@hotmail.com for the textures.it got all 4 textures for all 4 droids:Security(red),pilot(blue),oom9(yellow),infranty(standard):bdroid2: i got the sounds also.look for that does not compute....your under arest.it could be good taunt.better for taunt than death sound.:bdroid2:

Check your mail :)

Archived