Home

Why dont any servers run custom maps?

The Rel)ee(V)eR

I can never find a server with a decent amount of people playing on custom maps...My favorite kind of play is CTF and I love Bespinfort...but NO servers run that map, and those that do, well, there are no people in there..

I was just wondering when you guys think we will stsart seeing more custom maps on servers..

Not everyone has the same maps. Some people download custom maps that others do not. Admins want the most amount of people in their servers. They don't want to just sit around there waiting for people to come. If they use the maps that they know that people already have, then they are more likely to get people to come. There are currently over 160 custom maps available. Not everyone is going to have the same maps or find the same maps the best. One way to insure that you have a variety of custom maps that the admin knows the people will have is if they put a map pack into their server rotation. That would insure a lot of custom maps that everyone will have. Cuz, otherwise, people play a custom map on a server and then the server changes maps and everyone drops cuz no one has the map. I would like to see more custom map servers though. :D

Archived