Home

Play the unedited source code

WD_Rage

Originally posted by NJX_Hatchet

I find it funny when people talk about realism in a game where Lightsabers and blaster pistols and rifles are even possible.

I do agree that they should make the saber do one level of Damage (varying of course between the head arms legs and torso) and up the blocking accordingly.

realistic tho? please... star wars never has been "realistic"

And why can't realistic games be fun?

Realism usually means more complexity and you have to be more careful in what you do. Take the old game "Pong" for example, this is the sort of games that modern games evolved from. Thank god they got more realistic and complex than that.

More realism will scare the non-hardcore newbs away, which is what most people in here want. I can't see the big deal with it.

Just went in wth my MJK name and I've gotta say the server looks promising. There weren't enough people or anyone really skilled playing but it seemed to be fixed up a lot.

Biggest improvements:

Backstab and Back Swing damage decreased. I thought it was good i kept doing it to a guy and he wouldn't die, but the one thing I don't like about this is you can't sneak up on snipers with it, but it's all good.

More ammo for guns less damage for guns. I'm a rocket launcher whore but it was good seeing that it takes 3 shots instead of 2 to kill someone with a rocket launcher. I also didn't feel like the flak cannon or repeater rifle's ammo was drained so quick.

Push/Pull decreased.

Problems: (these aren't major problems, but I had to name some stuff)

Try rolling backwards if you have speed your guys looks crazy and if you don't it looks VERY choppy for some reason.

CTF too easy? I hated the spam move with the saber to death before but it implemented ctf because some flag carriers are VERY hard to kill. I think I've gone 10 minutes with the flag in a 28 player game and not died for ten minutes at the imperial level. The backstab is one of the few ways to really tear someone up and now that the rocket launcher has been decreased I don't know how people will get killed at that level.

Other than that it looks good. I'll be back tonight hopefully there will be some good ol ctf going on =) I look forward to playing everyone.

Archived