Home

I have new music, but damn pure servers..

Darth Anabolic

Alright I have made some own .pk3 files and also downloaded those, which contains new music and stuff for multiplayer, that replaces the original ones.

It for sure plays without problem on my own server, but when I join any server (and most of them are Pure servers), I still hear the original sounds.

And I don't dare editing the assets.pk3 files because then I will get kicked out of the game because I will be "unpure".

Any way of getting around this?

After all, the sounds will be played for me only, not necessarily other will hear those, so what's the problem?

Thanks for help in advance!

//Darth Anabolic :vadar:

It's a problem I'm still trying to work on as well. I'm not so sure it'll be possible to do this on a pure server or not, and I'm not so sure I want to discover how to and then release it to everyone here. Pure servers block all unknown .pk3 files mainly so that people can't go in there with hacks for the game. For example earlier today some kid joined a sabers only server, whipped out a gun, and dissappeared into the floor. From inside the floor he started taking shots as all of us and would pop up periodically. Wierd. But that's what pure servers prevent. I guess I'm willing to give up my music to avoid jerks like that.

Archived