Home

Connection Interrupted.....?

ShockV1.89

[note: I did post this in the technical help section, but nobody seemed to answer. So hopefully someone can help here.]

This has happened consistently for the past hour. I'll log into a server and play for about 10-15 minutes. Then everything stops, and I get the blinking connection symbol at the bottom of the screen, and the words Connection Interrupted appear in the middle. I figure "Ok, my ISP died again." (Cable Modem, Road Runner) and I wait for it to come back. It doesnt come back.

But wait, theres more. I can still type to people, and they can hear me. I can receieve updates on server stats. People can kill me once I've lagged out, and they get credit. My ping doesnt change.

I reconnect to the server, play for 10-15 minutes, and it happens again. Has happened about 7 times today.

Anyone else get this prob?

ShockV1.89

No solid ideas, but nice playing with ya.

I have a feeling it's a packet issue where certain packets are being sent through and others are getting stuck. I'm not sure if you use a firewall or not but that's a good place to look.

How long has this been happening?

I'm an idiot, I figured out the problem.

When your selecting servers, theres an option at the upper right corner that requests what connection your on. I had accidently switched it to 56k. Apparently, these really do make a difference.

Switched it back, no problems anymore.

Slap me, please.

ShockV1.89

Archived