Home

What on earth have i missed?

Ah Boon

guys, i was only away for 2 months to beta-test a really cool game and now everyone is pissing about 'assfighting'!! waht on earth is it? dont tell me that its ur butthole fighting with a lightsaber stuck there....

In a more detailed description, it's actually the fighting "style" of running around backwards slashing at the floor trying to back into an opponent, at which point a backstab will occur.

It's a pointless tactic, used primarily by the lazy, and an aware opponent can splatter them over the landscape. OTOH, some people are very good at suddenly spinng and nailing you one when you least expect it.

Some find it annoying, other find it intruiging. I am not sure which camp I stand in on that last one.

Some it doesn't snap them out of it, but I wasn't denying the fun of playing with THEM.

I mean the ones who are only using light stance because they can get an occasional backstab in, the ones who only fight you face to face until you run past them with a swing, then they back into you and poke a shiny stick in your coily sausages.

I don't mind it most of the time, but when it's becomes their primary tactic for winning a fight (I fought a few of these before, primarily in Duel servers though, and they were winning all their fights that way, bar the odd lucky person who used the same method back on them) it gets annoying.

It's kinda hard to explain. Mostly I don't mind. Generally I laugh.

Archived