Home

Official Word: NO PATCH

fitzwilliamd

That guy pretty much doens't know what the hell he's talking about. The patch WAS 1.03a, just as the original version of the game (shipped on CD) was 1.02a. As far as I can tell, there was a 1.02a, 1.02b and 1.02c version of the server release.

No. The client patch is 1.03, but the MP source code released is 1.03a - refer to various threads (mainly by WD members) on this forum that talk about playing with the compiled source code. It's definitely different..

Well???

1. I don't think I qualify as a "SERIOUS" gamer, though I am addicted to the Star Wars fps's.

2. They have released the source code, have they not?

3. Aren't there sufficient code-freak-gamers out there who could write and implement an unofficial patch?? (Let me guess...people like that work at RavenSoft haha:))

But then, you could get somebody to go over the edge in that case and make an extra 20 levels for the game.

But then...the next logical step is to create your own Star Wars game...

Pretty big workload for one person, I would think...

Yeah I know. I may be ignorant about the intricacies of mods, patches, and game-code programming, but I just thought I would throw in my $.02 worth....

What I don't understand is why Raven doesn't make an official statement in this forum. They did before when 1.03 came out, they made an official "The patch is out"-Thread, which still is a sticky thread right on top of the forum (It gives me an heart attack every time when I enter the forum because for half a second I'm like 'oh well, now they released 1.04!', and then I realize it's just the old thread :D )

Also, I like the idea of Mods but the problem is that there will be many mods out there in some weeks of time, it will probably be quite confusing. Also it will take you some time to find the appropriate server running the mod. Hell, I'm having a hard time already looking for a so called "No Force"-Server that doesn't have saber throw enabled. Just imagine you are looking for a server running your favorite one-out-of 10-available mods!! And then guess what, the server is full or your ping is too bad or whatever. What then?

Bah... :mad:

Even though there are more things that need tweaking than just saber combat you try something like what is suggested in >> http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59880

It changes the block mechanism somewhat and since you are simply changing two values that are already in the game, anyone can play and wouldn't have to bother with patches or custom exec's and what not. If you like it or dislike, vote on the poll.

Archived