Home

Problems with JK

Guest Lajos Kovacs

Guest Lajos Kovacs

Dear Friends,

I am quite new with PC gaming. On the other hand, I am playing with my son of 6 years old what makes life difficult.

I need your help, because we are experiencing some problems with level 21 (single player mode). In the fight with Jerec we are at the stage where the gates of the tower are already blocked with the sculptures. After Jerec's rejuvenation completed we strike him again when the screen turns fully white and the software automatically quits to Windows. Can anyone help me to evrcome this problem, otherwise my kid will probably kill me instead of Jerec.

On the other hand, can anyone give me a location where wolkthrough for levels of MotS is available for download?

Thanks very much for your help. Please answer on the forum or send me E-mail.

Regards: Lajos

I havin't experienced the problem you have but what I recommend doing is a) update your Jedi Knight to 1.01, the patch is on the LucasArts web site in the Jedi Knight section. b) if that doesn't work, check out Yoda's Help Desk/Support again in the LucasArts web site. If the solutions on there don't help you can e-mail a tech supp agent and they usually reply in less than a week! (they did for me!)

As for the walkthru try

http://www.jediknight.net/trail/guide.html

Hope this helps and have fun!

------------------

You can do it your own way

Just as long as it's done just how I say...

I would check your hardware configuration.

Can you list your video card, ram, version of DirectX and what your settings for JK are in the Video settings?

Updating to 1.01 might solve your problem if you are using a Voodoo2 based card, but if not, post back and perhaps we can solve the mystery.

Note that the "whiting out" of the screen in Level 21 denotes that you have lost, as Jerec has taken all the power of the valley and killed you, so the game is supposed to end, but it shouldn't kick you out of JK to Windows (this has never happened in my experience.. it should let you try again, as with any time you die, or reload the level).

There is another MotS walkthrough page that was recently brought to my attention, that goes beyond Trail's Guide (Trail's is still an excellent resource btw) where MotS is concerned and may be of interest:

http://zortron_2.tripod.com/index.html

Kurgan

Guest oninosensi

You want to keep Jerec from getting into the tower. When he does, he heals himself up, and the statues move. Use force speed to get in front of him and block the gate, then cut him down like the sithdog he is!

I also found out, if he does get in there, you can knock him our early with a well placed concussion rifle shot!

------------------

"I see", said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Guest paulbarnard

Hit the switches behind the moving statues. Also, use mines right next to the gate for him to rejuvenate. As soon as the mines explode, hit force speed, to over and hit the switches, then heal yourself. As Jerec exits, re-place the mines.

Archived