Home

Shawn Kenobi Saber Hilt!!

Master Shawn

Well, after many weeks of hard work and about three re-texturings, I have finally finished my saber hilt.

Here is a pic of it in MD3 View:shots.jpg

Here is the pic I drew for a design:kenobi-saber.jpg

Any thoughts or comments? I'll submit it for dl at some diff sites as soon as I get some replies:)

-[JO]Master Shawn Kenobi :aobi:

well.. if ur going for a metallic finish.. it looks a little matt.. as in.. not shiny.. =P why don't you try experimenting with gradients? =) i'm not saying it's horrible.. hahah the model idea's excellent but i think i'd prefer a metallic looking saber.. =)

shawn, you can easily obtain a chrome texture using just gradients. if you're really into detail and you want those micro scratch lines all over the metal, all you gotta do is add some noise to a new layer, motion blur it, and apply that onto your existing chrome gradient. i'm speaking in photoshop terms.. cos that's what i have.. =P

Ok, after applying the chrome texture and fixing some scaling stuff in the texture, I have finished it, now, compare these :)

Drawn:kenobi-saber.jpg

Modelled:shots1.jpg

So, is it good now? Thoughts and comments wanted, the sooner I get em the sooner this baby hits dl sites :D

-[JO]Master Shawn Kenobi :aobi:

How many times must I say that I have searched all those sites that Eets'Chula gave me and I havent found anything I liked until this one, and I went through a lot of work to put it on, its my final retexturing, if you want to do a chrome re-skin of it just email me and ill send you the skin file.

Archived