Home

Replacing SP NPCs with custom models

Prime

I am trying to change three of the SP NPCs to my custom models, and I am have a few problems. If anyone can help me with the following questions, or direct me to more info, I'd appreciate it.

1. I replaced Tavion with my Sith skin. That works fine, but how can I change the sounds from Tavion to either the Reborn or Desann sounds?

2. I replaced Jan with my modified Jan skin. This skin has certain accessories turned off. I have included the .surf file in the directory, but in the game, it still shows all those things turned on. What do I have to do to have surfaces turned off?

3. I have another skin that I want to replace Lando with. I think I have everything in the lando directory in my .pk3, but in the game it still shows up as lando!

Is there anything I'm not doing? Thanks for any help you can give me.

P.S. I started a new game each time.

1. open the assets1.pk3 file and change the foldername. I.E: sound/chars/tavion/misc, change to sound/chars/reborn/misc and pk3 it up.

2. Try pasting the certain surfaces off for the JediF to Jan in the npcs.cfg in the assets0.pk3. (the path for thenpcs.cfg file is "ext_data".

3. make sure the path is models/players/lando.

hope tyhat helped

Thanks Phillio. I got my surfaces tured off for my Jan replacement, and I changed the sounds for my Tavion replacement. :)

But I still can't get my Lando replacement working for some reason. Is there something special about Lando that makes him different to replace? Maybe I can just add my new skin as a new NPC. If I add another entry into the npcs.cfg file (say, copy the Lando entry and change the parameters to what I want), will that allow me to spawn it in singleplayer? Does anyone know the steps to add a new spawnable NPC?

Thanks.

Archived