Home

ok, so there's no patch...

Galakgorr

Alright, so from what I have read, there will most likely be no official 1.04 patch from Raven. My question is, if there's going to be no future patch, and we have the source code... who is going to compile the next patch?

1.03a makes some good changes to damage and fixes the backstab exploit. In addition, the GHOUL collision system that was found recently makes blocking a bit more realistic and makes saber combat more intense and less spamming.

In addition to these changes, the source code could potentially help with tweaking heal and drain a bit to make them a little more useful, and possibly tweaking grip.

So, now that we have the tools, my question again... who wants to compile all this into an unofficial patch? My guess is that most people would be thrilled to have a patch like that, and most servers would run it. 1.03a mechanics plus GHOUL detection (g_saberghoul2collision 1 and g_sabertracesaberfirst 0), plus maybe the force power tweaks, would address just about everyone's gripes with the new patch, IMHO.

Anyone? Or is someone already on this?

Archived