Home

Nostromo n50

Mallakai

Anybody else here use this for gaming? Just bought it and still getting used to it..trying to find a comfortable setup. Seems great so far. Just wondering if anybody has tried this and prefers it over the mouse/keyboard setup.

Im bored at work.

A few threads on this way back. It's a really good looking piece of gaming fun. I've had loads of fun with it. As for macros, well there's plenty of threads on scripting but anyway, but the real advantage is ofcourse comfort. To quickly sum up my config of it I have: (1-10) Score Bacta Jump Say WalkToggle Crouch Left Back Right Stance; D-Pad is for force powers and then Mouse1 PriAttack Mouse2 Walk Mouse3 AltAttack MWUP Taunt MWDown Lightsaber.

Took me about three weeks to build a config that worked prefectly but I guess it takes about as long to find a good keyboard config.

That game pad is the best. I've used many other types but that Nos/belkin is the best. I love it and can't play any game without it now.

My setup

1-tab (will prob change it since i don't care what the score is really till the end)

2-scroll back force

3-move forward

4-scroll forward force

5-light saber

6-walk

7-strafe left

8-move back

9-strafe right

10-use force

D-pad

direction up- jump

direction down- duck

direction forward- weapons scroll forward

direction back- weapon scroll back

mouse i use is the 2000dps boomslang

mouse1 attack

mouse2 attack2

mouse3 saber style

mouse4 bac tank

mouse5 not used yet, might bind to another force power

mousewheelup- force push

mousewheeldown-force pull

this is the best layout for my style, only time i use the keyboard is to type.... gonna change button 1 to taunt i think, and mouse5 something else... not sure though.

This setup let's me push and pull with ease, select weapons with ease and switch back to saber with ease, non stop fluent motions. Nothing like pulling some noob and try to backstab em only to find out he's not a noob and using absorb, so if i don't think i have time, or don't wanna waste time, or don't think i can win with ease, i switch to a weapon and boom, swtich to saber and run. Pisses people off but i'm not playing for popularity.

:greedo:

i'll have to show you a pic of mine, i've modified it a bit.

I took the 3com mouse pads (very thin, kind of grippy swurface) and cut pads out of them for the D-pad and the button so my fingers don't slip off. Next i added a cut up wrist pad for the wrist area. That gel like pad the you would use for typing.

All in all i have a very comfortable controller that will do anything i want it to do. All i have to do now is air-brush it to match my PC and i'm ready to show off at lan parties.

:greedo:

Anyone else played around with it by strapping it to your wrist and over your hand?

I've tried that with mine and was able to forgo having to hunch over my desk...

I'm looking for a wireless "air" mouse that doesn't require a surface, and then I'll be free of the desk...FREE FOREVER!!!

Muahahahahahaha!

Archived