Home

WOD Vampire TC

BacMeth

You know... i'm a WOD fan

Vampire fan to ba exact.. and i'd LOVE to do a vampire TC for JO

i want it to be a more RPG based mod that can be used for deathmatches and other fun stuff too

but first i want to concentrate on the generic fighting stuff (FFA CTF and duels)

i have plans for a stunning character generation (following the rules of WOD) + choosing your own individual appearance from lots of different parts.

it will be modern vampire... that means

lots of akimbo pistols and smgs, some shotguns and mg's

and lots of style-weapons like throwing knives, katanas (japanese swords).

i also want to focus alot on the acrobatics and, if i manage to get a good team together, martial arts...

i'm a experienced modeler and have very little skinning, animation and coding skills.

if youre interested and think you can help, plz contact me

if you want to work on this project then i'd like to see some of your previous work

email: MoreDreadd@uboot.com or FelRog@GMX.de

aim: KingMacBeth666 <---- stooped name.. me knows!

My God. The legendary katana maker bacmeth is back! Amazing idea! I would help but i cnat since i have not 1 ounce of editing skillz! Hop you get to start making this and finish it succesfully!

-Lucko Mabri

p.s-what happened to trenchcoat kyle?

heh that was one quick answer...

you CAN help.. post some amazing ideas :)

and uhm trenchcoat kyle ...

i stopped working on him cuz a weird error kept me from gettin him ingame... but i think i do know now what it was...

heh gotta try this now

(i've been "away" for some time.. editing Morrowind)

White Wolf's World of Darkness... the mythos behind their Pen and Paper RPGS. :)

I think the ghoul2 engine would do a great job of handling collision detection for the melee combat you have planned! Not sure the q3:ta engine is your best choice for modular characteristics though. All the best.. hope your idea is carried through to project completion...

For now I will go play Hunter: The Reckoning on my XBox... hehehehehheheheheheheh. :p

yep WOD = World of Darkness

and to those who still dont know it:

pen and paper role playing games are RPG's you play without the computer...

you sit around in a circle with your friends, one of them is the "master" and the other ones are players.. every player has his own character ... the master tells a story and the players can interact with/in it... very fun!

and about the character generation: it can be done..

all models will have to be stored in one glm, and the game disables the parts you dont want to see

maybe there's a better way tho....

and uhm.. maybe adding a master mode to the game?.. the master would be a spectator... beeing able to spawn npc's and take control of them.. maybe modifying their AI and edit the players stats

hmmn, I dont like mods that draw reference from existing products. I know there was that Vampire game released and I'm sure White wolf will want to protect their investment and close down the mod if they have any intention of having other Vampire games made.

HOWEVER.. if the mod does not specifically draw reference from Vampire the Masqurade, then I may do a model or two for it. I'm fond of Vampires and gothic esq characters so I do find it appealing.

oooh yea...

just thinking about bid for power :(

mkay think we gotta develop our own vampire game that works a bit like the WOD one...

oh and spacermonkey, we do not need full models but model parts all parts will be stored in one glm and TheElite aka evilpoptart will try to add a code that creates new surf files or something like that this will give you full control over your look :)

i'm reading a book about character modeling by paul steed (this guy knows what he's doing) and learining how to add models to the game using your great tutorial ;)

and evilpoptart is working on feeding ...

its just like.. force is replaced by blood and wont regenerate until you bite someone

we're using the kissing animation right now...

might look ugly if you play a male character and feed on a male mortal :eek: ... but its better than nothing... and we do not have any animators yet :(

and i found two mappers

hokay we still need a good animator...

and uhm.. erm...

i need an answer on animating..its a simple one...

i know that they created them using softimage...

now the question

is it possible to create your own custom animations if you have softimage? is there any evidence? ;)

oh yea.. and feel free to join #vampirestaff on a random quakenet irc server..

this channel will be our team channel.. but it's still open to the community right now.. we're still discussing on how we want it to be because we cant just copy the WOD rules

I'm busy all the time :o but I'd still help out eventually if you got things running.

I beleive Raven had a custom exporter for xsi which enabled them to export the animations into a glm format - however I could be wrong and their might be a way to use assimilate to turn the xsi format into glm... blah blah blah etc

Well to start with aim for simple goals - new models rigged and working in game, new levels and some basic changes to the games interface and gameplay.

Remove/ change weapon proporties - make sabers into blades and script in a new attack function with the kiss animation so that in theory the Vampires can feed.

Do the basics as a mod first - dont try to go for a total conversion first off because it nearly always fails. Take small steps and soon the mod will be running.

BacMeth email me and I'll help you get the mod running.

Do you have some level builders, scripter/coder and a few artists yet?

hoh of course we're taking small steps

Evilpoptart (coder)

Tappi^ (maps,HUD)

crab crap graq (maps)

and me (models)

heh tappi^ is a bit hyped and he wants to do about everything :D(he's our weapons pro)

ok our first plans will be:

-2 new weapons (modern pistol and katana)

-force will be blood (wont regenerate... you'll be able to 'bite' npc's and your enemies corpses to regenerate it)

-force powers will be replaced by some basic disciplines (very basic for the start)

-1 basic vampire clan

next step will be a better character generation

this will take a while to do.. but once we're done we can start creating new disciplines, weapons, clans, skills etc (building the actual TC)

i wont tell you more right now cuz i first want to know what we CAN do before i promise some cool features to the community...

i'm sorry dude.. but we can test it ourselves and this tc wont be single player...

it will be a multiplayer mod for roleplaying

and discofever: yes we sure need help... gimme your email and i'll contact you as soon as we need your help

you might also want to join #vampirestaff on a random quakeserver (irc)

evilpoptart, tappi^ and me, we are usually hangin around in there :)

EDIT: but if you dont have any modding skills then you could just

join our channel and tell us some nice ideas(once we got a working base done)

we wont be able to use the original WOD rules .. so you might help with developing new clans

This is a great and interesting idea, especially because Vampires are supposed to have "Powers" (like the Jedi have force powers).

There could be mind control (already in the game).

Vampire Strength

When you kill you get hit points/power (blood?)

You could make part of the game Vampires vs Humans (vampires have all the typical vampire powers, and humans have wooden stakes, garlic, holy crosses etc.)

I think the idea has a lot of potential and should be followed through on.

Typical Vampire stuff

Items:

Runes (have special powers for a short period of time)

-fire/ice/water/smoke or fog/undead

Amulets (have powers until item is lost or stolen?)

-usually defensive or give special powers (ie, strength etc)

Books (give spells?)

-Raise the undead, resurrect, resistance

Potions

-health, mana, (blood bottles for vampires?)

Weapons for humans:

Cross Bows (w/ wooden arrows)

Wooden Stakes (stab or throw/Darts?)

Crosses (can be thrown at or shown to the vampire?)

Holy Water

Weapons for vampires:

Swords

Hands

Feet

They tend to be very versed in self defense as they have been alive forever and have lived all over the world (different cultures etc.)

no wooden stakes and no garlic...

it will be a modern mod with guns

and i dont think we'll add potions and stuff like this.. we'll first focus on a normal deathmatch/team deathmatch/duel conversion of the old game...

and it will prolly be NOT humans vs vampires.. cuz humans dont really stand a chance against them... maybe theres movies and books about vampire slayers.. half-vampires for example (like blade) but it would be odd having 10 the chosen's vs 10 normal vampires...

nope i want it to be vamps vs vamps... maybe we will add human players to the rpg mode i'm planning to do after we got the basics of the gameplay done

oh and discofever, i'm sorry for asking you for your email :)

just my dumbness.. but i was and still am in a hurry... kinda

doing an exchange with spain right now

Archived