Home

New saber sounds....

C'jais

This came from a request by Hoth, and I didn't know where to put it.

Have anyone noticed that in episode 1+2 the saber-clashing sounds are different from this game and ep.4-6?

And I'm really tired of the current, high-pitched "FIIIIZZZ" - "ZZZIIIZZZ" - CRIIIZZHHHZZ" sounds.... It makes my head hurt really.

So I'm thinking, wouldn't it be nice if someone decided to take pity on me, and make a mod where it replaced the usual saberclash sounds with those from episode 1 and 2: "The sound of wooden sticks being beaten together"-sorta sound. "CRACK" - "DUKHHH" AND SO ON...

Just watch the Darth Maul fight again and you'll get the idea.

I think Datheus mentioned that one could "simply grab a mic and record directly from the movies"... or something.

Anyway, just a 'lil novelty idea for the mod people, if someone decided to take this up.

well desann & all Dark Jedis had diffrent saber starting & closing sound for sp(all dark jedis had same saber sound but it wasnt kyles i was looking for those sounds but i didnt find),you need to look the asset pk3 files.there is new saber sounds.or their hided to code etc.i think the sound is sound of sith blade..

I'm a bit confused....

I don't have experience with game coding, and was kinda hoping someone else would take this up....

Just to clarify: All I wanted was new saber - **clashing** sounds, not the igniting or humming.

Garik, your files were greatly appreciated, even though you got the idea a little wrong :rolleyes:

But, I feel really stupid right now: Where do I put those sound files?:confused:

I've tried about every folder in my jk directory, and it still won't work!

Yes, it is better but still too "hissy" with spark/electrical sounds during fighting.

The only time we should hear the hissing noise is in saber locks. The rest of the sounds should be the saber swing noise ("hemmmmmmmmm") and the new "whack!" noise of sabers hitting each other that we have in this mod.

Is it a big job to cut down on sparks/hissing sound and to add more of the "whack" sounds?

Hoth

Thanks Sam.

I'd prefer NO hissing/buzing electrical sounds if that's possible? Just the clash of sabers and the buzz of the saber?

Sabers hitting flesh wouldn't make any noise. Besides, the green flash tells us when we hit.

I'll just stop by to say the new sounds are absolutely amazing!

If there was ever a reason to play 1.03 with all of its blocking, these new sounds are IT!

And yeah, the saber-hitting-flesh sounds is just the same sound, and although it could get better and less irritating to my ears, I can live with it. ((If you want to improve it, you might want to record the sound when Maul gets sliced in half)).

Since the sounds are louder as well now, I can more accurately hear when I hit something, even though the saber-hitting-wall-sound is a wee bit loud... Just my humble opinion, this stuff is fantastic!

And it seems my "wood-on-wood"-analogy was way off, but hey - it sounds great.

Archived