Home

Duelat0r Mod, coders wanted!

NITEMARE

i am a duelist ever since jk2 is out. this game type has the potential to be something very special and unique. but that is not going to happen if we let raven do the job, they are on vacation and after that to busy planing the next doomsday patch...

there are a couple of things that i would like to see in a duel mod:

1. a separate chatconsole which can be toggled on and off during dueling but defaults to on if spectator

the command console is not the best thing to use if you want to see whats going on and don't want to push tilde all the time. and some words are recognized as broken commands and the console gives out examples of existing simmilar commands. the chat option is laid out like in any other stupid shooter but jk2 duel games are NOT and there is need for a real chatbox which has some basic features, like chat boxes in online RPGs.

2. a second duel gametype that is simmilar to ffa but does not allow any weapons, and light sabers are holstered until a private duel is engaged.

multiple duels at the same time should be possible. that would give freedom to: be a spectator, walk around looking at the duelists fighting, chatting, or acutally dueling somebody. an extra set of entities and functions for map making would be nice for future duelat0r maps where some zones could be some kind of an arena with only duelists allowed, to keep other players off disturbing and stuff like that. the normal duel game type gets annoying if you lose. although that wouldn't be soo bad with a propper chat box...

3. give the admins more power!

that would be a collection of minor changes to improve the enviroment on servers.

-the "name" command for clients should be a turn off option, or a 5 minutes penalty after another renaming can be done...

-no changing of player models if spawned.

i have the defere models option on, otherwise every time a player joins the server my pc loads his model. but with this option on i won't see the new model of a player until i'm dead, if he changes it during the duel.

-allowing admins to change damage ranges. not sure on this one since it would make the servers to unpredictable and players need a stable enviroment where at least some of the most important rules aply evereywhere. mabe 2 selectable options, 1.03 damage ramong system wiht higher damage values and the old 1.02 damage system.

-kick damage and other parameters configurable

-a quicker client kick feature with a gui mabe?

thats all i am capable to summ up right now, phew.

at the moment i am working with cowwithoutbrain to get some of the third toppic features working. like cvars for saber damage and stuff like that. but i am not much of a coder, more a grafix designer and a server admin in the meantime, so he and others who are interested to help us are the most important elements. everybody who subbmits pieces of code which we can use for the mod will be mentioned in the credits.

note that i didn't mention force powers at all because i don't bother with those. the gamplay resulting with force powers on is not very cool or leet in my oppinion. but we can change the throw force use to higher values and make it more tactical rather than a spam mehtod. at the moment i don't know about the push/pull forces but it semms that they dont throw opponents at the ground that much and are not as annoying as before. but that is the actual admins decision.

yeah but only those hardass parts like the chatbox would require a pro mofo. the next hing that just came to my mind is adding a jump fatique amount. i hate those bunnyhoppers. i can't hit them and they never hit me bcuz they jump away befor they can...

so if it would be expensive to jump all the time, they would stop and se it more tacticaly. there could be a little penalty time of low speed after jumping to much, that would be cool...

at the moment we (cowwithoutbrain and me)have a complete set of cvars for damage in the game. i completed it with adding 16 cvars for saber damage alone!

this is how it looks

// testing new commands

vmCvar_t wdam_bryar;

vmCvar_t wspd_bryar;

vmCvar_t wdam_blast;

vmCvar_t wspd_blast;

vmCvar_t wdam_disr1;

vmCvar_t wdam_disr2;

vmCvar_t wdam_bow;

vmCvar_t wspd_bow;

vmCvar_t wdam_rep1;

vmCvar_t wspd_rep1;

vmCvar_t wdam_rep2;

vmCvar_t wspd_rep2;

vmCvar_t wdam2_rep2;

vmCvar_t wdam_stun;

vmCvar_t wdam_demp1;

vmCvar_t wdam_demp2;

vmCvar_t wspd_demp;

vmCvar_t wdam_flech1;

vmCvar_t wdam_flech2;

vmCvar_t wdam2_flech2;

vmCvar_t wspd_flech;

vmCvar_t wdam_rock;

vmCvar_t wdam2_rock;

vmCvar_t wspd_rock;

vmCvar_t wdam_therm;

vmCvar_t wdam2_therm;

vmCvar_t wspd_therm;

vmCvar_t wdam_trap;

vmCvar_t wdam2_trap;

vmCvar_t wdam_det;

vmCvar_t wdam2_det;

vmCvar_t wdam_saber1;

vmCvar_t wdam_saber2;

vmCvar_t wdam_light;

vmCvar_t wdam_kick;

vmCvar_t kickchance;

vmCvar_t saber_bluebsmax;

vmCvar_t saber_bluebsmin;

vmCvar_t saber_bluespmax;

vmCvar_t saber_bluespmin;

vmCvar_t saber_blue;

vmCvar_t saber_yellowbsmax;

vmCvar_t saber_yellowbsmin;

vmCvar_t saber_yellowspmax;

vmCvar_t saber_yellowspmin;

vmCvar_t saber_yellow;

vmCvar_t saber_redbackmax;

vmCvar_t saber_redbackmin;

vmCvar_t saber_redspmax;

vmCvar_t saber_redspmin;

vmCvar_t saber_redmax;

vmCvar_t saber_redmin;

// end new commands

bs=backstabb/backattack

sp=special

the current mod is working. i tested it with a mod. for example just type in saber_blue and u get the default value.

all the values until the kick damage and kickchance are percentages rightnow. i made the saber and kick damage values just the plain number cuz i hate to work with % and stuff. mabe i can convince cowwithoutbrain to make the weapons to real damage values too instead of % values.

http://www.nitemares.de/philes/test0r.zip

dont care what people think. i am serious about this mod and some points are already done or in production. it was easy to remove the "one duel at a time" limit for ffa games. now there can be multiple duels going on at the same time. check it out! i allways keep the mod updated if somehting new has been tested.

currently im testing it on our public server and its an improvement without those kicks and stuff...

i dont know why people wont aply to it. it seems a good idea and most answers are positive, but nobody thinks is up to the task. i dont know what u expect of this project to be, so i'll explain:

its a loose gathering of people who want to make a mod for jk2 with some hard ans some simple modifications. i posted some ideas and more are flying around in my head. all i ask is to tell me if u can think of a way to do that or to do this. if u can contribute some code to help us finish the features then u will be credited. see im no coder and still made some changes myself, everybody who knows a bit c++ can help. just browse the source code and learn! but its no use if somone submitts this feature and another coder som other feature there. communication is the key. if u want to know what exactly is needed or like my idea but cant code a ****, mabe u know some people who know. just contact me ICQ#: 20180752

Well I've been working on a mod for my server which has among other things these features:

Commands I added can take a full name, partial name(case insensitive) or client id. First client id is matched if that cannot be found, full name, then partial name.

Admin commands like enhanced kick (To work with partial naming), slap, sleep, bunny, rename player, etc.

duel limit removed

Crude MOTD

I was also thinking about making all damages CVar based. Didn't get to doing that yet though.

Archived