Home

Trigger help (not basics)

well, I think there is a condition for a research tech, adn you would put tech 4 there. The effect would be destroy object, and you would select your buildings, but I'm not sure on how to select all of the buildings with one trigger; maybe natopo does...

Condition0:

Research Tech Tech Level 4

Effect0:

Destory Object PlayerX Object Group:BUILDING

*Do not select an area or specific objects and it will do all that player has.

Note: Depending upon what you are trying to achieve, you may have to include extra effects for destroying object groups of

BLDG_TURRET (Turrets) BLDG_MISSILE (Anti-Air) etc etc

Also, this assumes you want the result "after" you reach Tech 4. If you want to the trigger when you "commence" to research Tech 4 then you want the condition "Researching Tech"

Thanx Alot! But i have run into another problem, I have a Gia[the non-player](or whatever it's called) wall as the boundres of an arena, and when one of the players goes near it, it makes all the walls that players color, and i dont want that. I want a wall that is not owned by anyone, and i thought that Gia would be that no player type of person.... And the Wall is so big that when someone Does come in contact with it the game freezes, goes to the desktop then comes back where all the walls are the players color

Basicaly the wall is acting like a nerf or bantha roaming around untill someone comes in contact with it, which makes it become that players property

Well if you can help me on this, I would really appreciate it!

PS: I hape this isnt to complicated!

Dead easy.

Anything you create as belonging to Gaia (apart from wildlife - basically anything you are capable of owning) will be "captured" by the first player that encounters it.

You need to create another player that all other players regard as an Ally (Use diplomacy)

Create the walls belonging to this player and no-one will attack them and no-one will acquire them.

If you don't want to re-create all your walls - you could use a trigger with no condition (so activates immediately) to "Change Ownership" of all walls from Gaia to PlayerX (use the same trick of not specifying an area or any specific walls)

You might also want to give PlayerX (the Neutral player) a hero that is tucked away in an unaccessable area. The computer doesn't move heros unless attacked and the reason you need one is this player doesn't resign immediately.

Hope this helps.

Archived