Home

AI script triggers

I am a bit new to the advanced parts of this editor. Every time I make a scenario, I always get a docile AI who just sits where I put them, gathers resources, makes a few buildings and only attacks when they encounter a human player moving into their territory. I figure the AI triggers would change that, but I don't know what behaviour the numbers correspond to. Can anyone help me?

You could try playing on HARD to make the computer more aggressive.

Alternatively, one idea using triggers would be to task the all troopers say to your command centre.

You could trigger it on resources gathered, tech level reached, or just a timer. Whatever fits the scenario.

If you want to be more sneaky, introduce a new player that is your ally, have their units move to your command centre and then switch their allegiance or change ownership to the enemy player.

That way they will make it to your centre without being attacked on the way before opening up on you !!

The AI numbers depend upon which AI you are using. If you have written your own then up to you. I am not sure if there is a list of ones for the Standard AI. As far as I can see (v. quick look) there aren't any included.

Archived