Home

Whats your fps?

Daver Hacker

Eh.... I'd much rather run the game at high resolution, color depth, and texture quality and get mediocre framerate than have jaggy, low-quality graphics with flat colors and have high framerates. As long as I can keep it at 30 fps or higher, I'm happy- like I said, when you watch television you're seeing 30 fps, and it's never been a problem.

Oh, and I have a question- what, exactly, is VSync?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watching a television, watching your grandparents old 8mm movies, and playing a rendered game are totally different, those rules don't exactly apply when it comes to jedi knight, quake, or any first person shooter. I know i know, the human eye can't see past 60 frame rates a second, but the difference between 60 frames and 90 or 125 frames in relation to the games we play are huge. our eyes may not be able to pick it up, but our computer's hardware can most definetly vouch i'm sure.

i have this really weird OT dumb and downright stupid question. if i get average of 70-80 fps, will I reach 120fps in q3 or other q3 engine game? i think jk2 is different cause raven really tweaked its engine to the max and well, its a processor and ram w.h.o.r.e. so, wut do u guys think? is there a time demo or something from q3 that i can download to test my fps?

i know, i might sound wierd but i am really happy with my system and wants it up to max. did i mention that my whole pc is black :):D;)

Archived