Home

Ifeel Mouse ..

QuietSith

So I played some JK 2 SP with the Logitech Ifeel mouse.

Wow - really has a great effect, you can feel everything and it doesn't get in the way of your aim whatsoever.

It really makes the game more immersive.

I had the same result playing Tribes 2 as well.

I read that SOF 2 support it as well, so that's worth checking out.

You can get one from Logitech or Amazon.

I also noticed the mouse is about 5 - 10 times more accurate than my Microsoft optical mouse - not sure why that is, but it makes a big difference in gameplay - Logitech is win.

I highly recommend this mouse. :)

Is it optical or a mouse with balls?

I've gone off mice with balls, they keep getting covered in gack and taste funny :> (Seriously...my mice with a ball stick so often with me it's not funny anymore - I just love my optical mouse, I only miss because I'm crap now, not becasue my mouse didn't want to left and up, just up)

I don't see it listed for Target ...

Here's some places:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005ASFK/qid=1023959623/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-5420271-7516823

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/computing-gaming/31e3.shtml

http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/98

About the same price as a regular optical mouse -+ $10.00.

It's super accurate.. I was able to control my saber and spinfusor (Tribes 2) way better.. vehicle control is better too. :)

Originally posted by Sutek

Is it optical or a mouse with balls?

I've gone off mice with balls, they keep getting covered in gack and taste funny :> (Seriously...my mice with a ball stick so often with me it's not funny anymore - I just love my optical mouse, I only miss because I'm crap now, not becasue my mouse didn't want to left and up, just up)

It's optical, and super accurate.

Hooks to your USB port but I think you can hook it to PS/2 - though USB refreshes much faster.

I'll have to get one when I kill this mouse then...

Does the refresh rate make much of a difference? I've wondered about it ever since hearing it, but have been too lazy to take the PS/2 connector off my mine and plug it into the USB port :>

I thought it was nothing more than a "feel good" thing (As, you know the mouse refreshes faster, so you think you are aiming better, and do)

Yah sorta .. and it goes with the action.. so you can feel getting hit, or feel terrain, or feel saber hum and clashes, or feel explosions - and in Tribes 2 you feel the jetpack, and spinfusor and vehicles as you accelerate, etc. It vibrates with varying degrees and adds a lot to the immersion - it can even give thuds and kicks and stuff.. but doesn't hurt aim.

It works very well in my opinion.

Originally posted by Sutek

I'll have to get one when I kill this mouse then...

Does the refresh rate make much of a difference? I've wondered about it ever since hearing it, but have been too lazy to take the PS/2 connector off my mine and plug it into the USB port :>

I thought it was nothing more than a "feel good" thing (As, you know the mouse refreshes faster, so you think you are aiming better, and do)

USB is way faster - it allows smoother mouse and it can keep up with the FPS better - it does make it more precise.

Archived