Home

Tutorials Added

RichDiesal

lol rich... if only the NOOB's would read this first before asking questions.... Good job man....by the way when is everything besides basic concepts gonna be done...lol

edit: I did notice a problem with your file links......

I dunno, I haven't used smart trains. :p

Update! Brushes 201 soon to be released, consisting of Liquids, Fogs, func_push, trigger_hurt, func_door, func_train, func_plat, trigger_multiple, func_usable, func_glass, and func_breakable!

Should be uploaded within the hour...

Ah no no no, the Force is with JK2R... you see, GTKR seems easier to use and more friendly, but it all a ruse so that it can suck you up in its dark grip and drain your soul... JK2R takes more patience and a calm heart to master... and is truly the more powerful...

I see clearly now that your jedi training is incomplete. Dark side has clouded your mind. GTKR requires as much patience as JK2R and new options are just welcome addition to the program which you don't have to use if you don't wanna. In other words, I can do everything in GTKR as I did in JK2R but not vice versa. ;)

Exactly... with the Dark Side flowing through you, you have many more options for destruction, many more ways to manipulate people for your evil ways... ah but JK2... that is the way of purity...

Plus you can see the distance your lights shine. :p

Then you would just texture it on whichever sides you want seen. :D

which is totally inaccurate, btw.

And no, it's not. :p It's not as accurate as it could be, but it is in fact a good reference point.

You just don't want to admit you feel to the Dark Side yourself. :p

Hmm..

ranting time!

I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders. I hate shaders.

end rant.

:X

Hey rich,

your door tutorial should help me with my main doors on my At-St hangar, however..... I want normal imperial doors in my level, not sliding doors. how would i go about making doors that go up and not sideways ?

Also about fog. By using volumetric fog in a narrowly winding canyon only up to kyle's shins cause massive fremerate problems?

Also Also wik.....I want to use rain in my outer area. I am not sure if i remember hearing thunder in Yavin swamp with the rain. Would it be possible to have a small, looped sound file of thunder set up with a sound effects or music trigger?

My my my, so many questions... :)

You set the angle for doors that go up the same way as sideways... except you press the up button. :)

As for the canyon... it might. If you architecture is complex, it definately will. I would suggest putting in "fog layers" if the canyon winds up and down, where the player actually passes through individual layers of volumetric fog instead of filling the whole canyon with it. Not sure if that effect is an option for you, but it's an idea.

And you can implement thunder just like I implemented thunder in duel_kamino. Just trigger it with a target_speaker and check GLOBAL to make a loud thunderclap whenever it triggers. Set it to LOOPED-ON to be continues and assign it a wait and (I think) random value. Details on all those are in the little entity help box.

You will likely need to do scripting to turn that target_speaker off when you go indoors, though... Might be able to do it with clever use of trigger_multiples, but I'm not sure, haven't tried.

Rich, I wonder, do you test the stuff you mention in your tutorials? Well, I decided to build water like you are suggesting in your tut and I must say it didn't work as expected. (Needless to say, I knew it wouldn't work well but I thought what the hell.. ;) )

Anyway, I didn't do it exactly as you suggested meaning I didn't build the tunnel, I just built this:

water.jpg

As you can see the water part consists of 4 brushes which kinda surround the "monument" in the center. For the rest, I did everything as you instructed. The 4 water brushes were caulked, then I applied bespin/water2 texture to upper surfaces and the bottom surfaces of the water brushes (as you suggested).

Results were as follows:

- 2 of the water brushes appeared solid in the game. I could walk on them.

- rest 2 were like normal (non-solid) water but when I went in, I got HOM effect.

- If you look at water from the top, you can clearly see the planes, say the places where water brushes touch each other.

Do you have any idea why this might be so? :D

That... is just bizarre. I actually do everything I instruct in the tutorial - I include the MAP I made everything in on the Conclusion page to each lesson, so you can take a look at that if you think it'll help...

And I'm not sure... send me that MAP. :D

Archived