Home

LucasArts - Let Raven Takeover JK 2 For PC

QuietSith

Should LucasArts let Raven take control of JK 2 For PC?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should LucasArts let Raven take control of JK 2 For PC?

• Yes, Raven rocks and they should have the power!
    • No, LucasArts is doing just fine controlling it.

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

why give raven the right to the game?

it's a ****ing star wars game, who knows more aobut star wars, lucasarts (a star wars company) or raven (a company)

heh, just doesn't make sense does it

the fact that it is a star wars game does not mean anything what so ever, who knows more about games, raven or LA?

The game was more or less COMPLEATLY createb by raven and they know their own games inside out. If anything, raven if they wanted to could terminate the contract and the game would not be sold anymore and this could be a threat to LA to get them to let them make a patch. I Myself went back to 1.02 coz 1.03 was awfull! Thats only because of the time constrictions that LA gave them. Give them another chance and i bet raven will iron out all their creases!

Cobalt60 - The agreement states that raven fund themselfs and that lucasarts are in control of their updates. I would also like you to submit a game entirly created by lucasarts, or near compleatly created by them....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well spoken StormHammer. It's a very import point you make about listening to feedback. Often, for every person yelling on the boards they want feature X changed, there is another person happily playing the game enjoying feature X.

Well people, you can all forget about LA given power to Raven

This just in from Raven's forums, from a request to create a support forum for JK2 in their forums:

"Lucas will not allow us to create forums here to support the product. Sorry, there is nothing else I can do."

Originally posted by emorog

We already have THESE forums! why would you want another seperate set?

Because these forums are filled with whiners. A forum in Raven's own forums would be better. Do you still think that most of Raven's employees come here? They've given up on all the people here, because of the maturity of some certain people here.

A change of venue would mean the same crowd in a new setting, unless you somehow managed to keep it secret. Though I haven't spent much time on the Raven forums, I doubt they have any more restriction against 'whining' than the admins do here.

As for whether the devs still come here, well, I know from experience in other games that, chances are, they still keep an eye on this place, low maturity or not...just not an active voice.

Archived