Home

*Released* Fan Version Mod 1.1 (New ASE Help Included)

QuietSith

Has this helped you?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Has this helped you?

• Yes, GSD and Fan Mod make the game better and I found these filters useful.
    • No, I don\'t notice a difference, and the filters are useless.

Download Fan Version Mod 1.1 at:

http://www.modsrus.com/download.htm

Leave feedback at:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?3139

*IMPORTANT - View the readme.txt for a list of changes and how to run the mod*

From intense studying both of these settings tend to avoid the backstab and provide for much more realistic sabering (Fan Version Mod uses GSD settings and more).

Download All Seeing Eye (ASE), here:

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

GSD (which stands for Ghoul 2, Dismemberment, SaberTrace):

Can be found via ASE using the following filters:

GSD - Modifier:

1 if sv_hostname ~== "*gsd*" goto 3

2 remove

Fan Version Mod 1.0 - Modifier:

1 if gamename ~== "*truesaber*" goto 3

2 remove

Fan Version Mod 1.1 - Modifier:

1 if gamename ~== "*fanmod*" goto 3

2 remove

Fan Version 1.0 and 1.1 - Modifier: <----- Recommended

1 if gamename ~== "*truesaber*" keep

2 if gamename ~!= "*fanmod*" remove

GSD and Fan Version Mod (combined) Filter: <----- Highly Recommended

1 if gamename ~== "*truesaber*" keep

2 if gamename ~== "*fanmod*" keep

3 if sv_hostname ~== "*gsd*" goto 5

4 remove

Server Admins - What GSD does:

"seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 1 <--- This command is enabled by default, but enter it just in case.

seta g_saberghoul2collision 1 <--- This is the big one. It enables GHOUL 2 hit detection for lightsabers in multiplayer. While this will increase network traffic, it won't be very noticeable (if at all) for low ping users such as cable and DSL users. Don't be discouraged to use this because of slightly increased network traffic, because it's not a lot!

seta g_dismember 300 <--- This is purely cosmetic. It enables dismemberment, nothing else. Most servers have this already."

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59082

Special Note on g_sabertracesaberfirst:

seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 0 = more like 1.02 auto saber defense (less) <---- This also prevents the backstab/sweep further than Ghoul 2.

seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 1 = more like 1.03 auto saber defense (more)

When you run a server:

If you are an admin and run the Fan Version Mod or use the GSD settings - you should put the (GSD) somewhere in the name of your server to show those settings are on.

If you need any help putting these modifiers/filters into ASE - reply to this thread.

Thank you.

looks sweet.... about ASE, I just hit "sort by gametype" (dont think its game type, but the ummod string is "BASEJK" so I can see all servers running mods...

I guess a filter with something like"if gametype = basejk THEN REJECT"

thx for the filters, and the link...

Is anyone else having problems with the new version 1.1? The evade command just makes me backflip if i tap it, and makes me float and backflip insanely if i hold it. Plus, none of my force powers will work for extended times; even if i hold the button powers will just activate for a fraction of a second. 1.0 worked just fine for me.

Bug report

1. new version of evade is a backflip, it held down, you can fly

2. menus, when jedivmerc is on,the option in the players menu to be a jedi is missing

3. force powers that need to held to activite, won't still active ie drain,grip,lightning

4. animations, pull, push dont play the animations, sidenote, taunts animations play faster, could be reason for the problem

5. relatived to 4, the "grapple animation" somethings play i.e. the the grip animation

i can get into the games alright but i always get kicked with an error saying "SD_Sound" something or another...not sure what the deal is, i find games with ASE, load the game, turn on the mod, the join the game in tohe ingame browser. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Archived