Home

Modeling Help

Valo

im having some trouble editing a skin. i tried to follow the tutorial at jk2.net but it is working. i took a obi-wan skin i downloaded and edited the colors, and then copied the originals files like the tutorial says. i start the MP game up and i see the icon that i made in the main menu under setup>player, i click it then start a lvl.when i begin the lvl im kyle, the obi-wan skin that i edited isnt there it is replaced by him. Can someone tell me what is wrong and tell me how to go about editing the colors of a skin and gettin it to play in JK2.

Make sure that your model_default.skin is copied and renamed to what you want and then edit it with Notepad and in the parts that has the names of the body sections, make sure that you have the right file path to the renamed and edited version of the file that originially went there. Use ModView that was included in the JK2tools to open the model.glm file in the directory of your edited skin and go to skins available and click the name of your edited .skin file. Should fix the problem. Try it again in a MP game after that.

- Wolf :jawa

Archived