Home

stairs?

pakmannen

i've got a problem with stairs.

so, i made a stair, and the steps is not too high. but when i'm walking in them it is VERY "bumpy" or something. it is not like this in other maps. is there something you should do other than just place the brushes?

Hi

A good thing to do is place a brush at an angle going up the stairs like a ramp and then texture it with the "clip" texture. This make it look like stairs when really its a ramp:)

So it should be nice and smooth:)

EDIT: If you check out the kejim_post example level provided with the tools then you should be able to see some examples of this in there.

Hi

Originally posted by Takeoffyouhoser

and how is this slanted brush supposed to line up with the stairs?

Is it to be placed right above it, or should it be the same dimensions as the stairs itself, like a wedge?

Its difficult to explain but i would say more like a wedge.

A good thing to do though is try not to make it so that its OVER the steps but more like its level with them, otherwise it kind of makes it look like your walking above them:D

Check out the kejim_post example level, theres an example of this close to the beginning.

The easiest way would probably be thus...

1) Draw a brush exactly the entire width, length, and height of all of your stairs together.

2) From a side view, use the Clip Tool to make a cut from the outward tip of one step to the outward tip of the step just above it (leaving the side of the brush that envelops the stairway)

Assuming your stairs are uniform in shape, that should be perfectly lined up with all of them.

Texture the remaining brush with system/clip and you should be good to go.

Archived