Home

game servers

Guest Ioughta

Guest Ioughta

Anyone know of other server lists for mulitplayer BESIDES jediknight.net. I want to play but I have a hard time locating games. I can't use 'the zone' because it requires opening too many ports on my firewall. Any suggestions?

Guest Kurgan

Hey, I feel your pain!

I have a similar problem. I'm on a 640 K DSL line right now (which I LOVE), and connected to a Hub.

The problem is that not only am I not able to open enough ports to run "the Zone" without causing major problem's on my roommate's end, but I cannot join JK/MOTS games, and I can host, but nobody is able to join (my roommate can join an IPX game, that's it).

So it sucks big time, that's why I've been so excited about the Rbots project ( http://rbots.massassi.net ), because it let's me play what I've been missing for months: JK/MotS deathmatch (no CTF yet).

But, on a positive note, I am going to be moving next semester back on campus (much nicer place) and they have ethernet.

Short of changing your connection (which may not be feasible), try these:

www.qtracker.com An easier way to host games or search JK.net for servers.

www.gamespyarcade.com Fewer games than the Zone, but you can search for people with the game installed and "invite" them to the JK/MotS room to play you.

IRC, I can't remember the location.. maybe #enterthegame or something. Perhaps somebody can help me with this one. I rarely use IRC as it is.

Other than that, there's pretty much just the Zone or the game you can setup via ICQ or whatnot.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited March 04, 2001).]

Guest Ioughta

sometimes i find people at the DKB server but because i live on the east coast, I usually have to wait until late evening to play (that's when they seem to show up).

the server is open 24/7 and he posts the IP frequently at his site:

http://dkbserver.homestead.com/

Maybe I'll see you there sometime, i play under the name MOFO.

Guest Argath

Kurgan, are you using a proxy? Have you tried NAT32? Defiant wanted to ask, but he's still banned from the last time he helped you out.

Post the specifics of your connection in addition to answers to the above questions and it might be possible to solve your problem. I can't say much else without more detailed information.

[This message has been edited by Argath (edited March 09, 2001).]

Archived