Home

Is it me, or do the saber swing animations for new models look messed up?

JCronic

I'm sorry if this has been brought up.

But, after getting to play around with some new models in MP like the Vader and Fett models, I couldnt help but notice the saber swings have changed. They look more crooked than using a stock model.

stockmswing.jpg

custommswing.jpg

As you can see, the custom model swings more upward, while the stock model swings sideways. I get the feeling that this has been discussed before and was wondering if anybody knows why it does that. Thank you.

I knew they were a little crooked, but not that messed up. I think the REAL problem here is that too many people spam model threads with "It's perfect! Gimme gimme gimme!", and many modelers feel they need to rush their product out to please the crowd. But that's just my opinion.

You're right inbredyokel !!!

Its not good for a model, if someone ( no everyone) just say: Perfect - realese it. Or it would be better if the creators of the model realease a beta version for dowload and everyone who finds a bug must sent him a mail...so I think models would get

better.

my model (kronar) had the same problem as the mandalorians and i was clued in by Delmar that it is because the saber is weighted to the wrong bone.

not only does weighting it to the wrong bone make the light backstab not work but also 'crooks' swings (most notably in heavy stance)

the correct bone (or at least what worked for mine) was some thing like r_hang_tag_bone to wich you weight the bolt_r_hand.

once i get everything on my model working correctly im thinking about doing an expansion on the model tut for things like this and things not mentioned very much (LODs possibly)

-keto

Archived