Home

1.03 lockups

Ready Wan

Depends.

Is it a "game" lock up? As in you can exit the game and Windows is fine.

Or is it a "crash my system" lock up that requires a reboot?

A "game" lock up could be several things.

Try deleting your jk2mpconfig file in your base folder.

The next time you start up the game it will create a new one.

This can sometime be the cause of your problems.

If you ran fine in v1.02 I couldn’t see it being a display/driver problem so my next step would be to uninstall (delete the Program Files\LucasArts folder to be safe too) and do a fresh install and put in v1.03.

I just deleted the whole JKO game and files, defragged, and reinstalled.

I'm running both 1.02 and 1.03 in different directories.

The problem was that the game was haning, and only a control alt delete would bring me back to the desktop. No reboot is necessary (rarely ever needed for anything in win2k...).

Hopefully this reinstall will fix the problem.

I'll know later today.

thanks for the post Ewok

Originally posted by Ready Wan

where would I check to see if that's enabled?

I havent seen the option anywhere...

It's in the sound set up menu.

I hop back and forth between 1.02 and 1.03, and to be honest if this problem did not start until you started running multiple directories, it sounds like that may be the source of your problem.

To "downgrade" to 1.02 all you have to do is remove the "assets2" file in your "base folder", remove the "IFC22.dll" file in your "GameData" folder, and replace the executable "JediOutcast" in your main folder.

I just made a copy of the 1.02 executable, and a copy of the 1.03 executable. When I want to go back to 1.03, I just use the copy to overwrite the 1.02 version and stick those two files back in their respective folders. I run XP and have never had any problems with stability this way. It only takes about 30 seconds to do also.

sorry Homosexual Ewok, I was just noticing your quote at bottom of you post, about the BS move, as a fellow player who doesn't use it, THere are many ways of defeating that move, never playing the game again because of the BS lamers, is "lame" learn to take em' down.

Another thing that works is teaming up on the BS lamers in servers till they get pissed off and disconnect ;)

Originally posted by ReIIiK

sorry Homosexual Ewok, I was just noticing your quote at bottom of you post, about the BS move, as a fellow player who doesn't use it, THere are many ways of defeating that move, never playing the game again because of the BS lamers, is "lame" learn to take em' down.

Another thing that works is teaming up on the BS lamers in servers till they get pissed off and disconnect ;)

Hehe, that sig is meant as a joke man. I could care less if someone drove a Cadillac into the middle of a duel server and shot at me with a tech-9, after a while I would learn how to counter it.

Actually I use the BS a lot, but I do make a very serious effort to teach the players I get with it over and over how to avoid it.

Archived