Home

DAMN caps!!

Sniper Wolf

Hey everyone,

Capping the segmented model that I have made is very hard and I am wondering if anyone knows a simpler way. This is what I have been doing:

I select the outside edges, extrude, then move them closer together because the edges extrude horizontally and not vertically and then go to sub-object vertex mode, slect all the vertices, collapse them, then cut a new row of vertices and select them all and detach.

This is very hard to do since I already have so many faces that when I cut, it never does a clean cut through the whole object and I end doing it on each side of the model.

Anyone know how to do it easier and less error prone? Thanks

- Wolf :jawa

There is a much easier way to make caps.

when your parts are segmented, there are holes where you cut for example the arm of the body. close these holes by building faces in the face mode. then select the just made faces in the face mode and then extrude them. delete the faces that conect the extruded faces from the body. then detach the faces and you got the cap. then bring it in the right place.

dont extrude edges, faces are extruded horizontally.

i hope that helps you.

by the way, did you take the hands from a original model?

Because i am modeling Jabbas guards and have a problem with them. after converting to .glm file the l_hand is not in that place i weighted it. Perhaps you get a similar problem or if not you could help me with that.

Duncan,

Yes I stole the hands from the reborn model :)

What I would do if I were you is to delete the left hand (or which ever one you are having trouble with) and then mirror the other hand as a copy or reference, I forget which. Then they will both be the same and once you fix one, then both will work. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your help also:p

- Wolf :jawa

Archived