Home

JK1 TC, would you like to help?

Grets Sirob

If you:

A. Have jk1(not required, but would make it easier)

B. Can script well.

C. Have the will to join.

Could you help? I'm trying to get some skinners, modelers, mappers, and scripters together for this. I think it would make an awsome tc, not to mention one that practically everyone wants. Just post here if you want to help. And also, is it possible to make new anims? Thanks for your time. If you don't want to help, you could offer feedback. I hope someone wants to help...

:wookiee: Raaarwwaag!

Well, I'm only just beginning to dive into all of this, but I think I have a few skills you could use. I do not know if I'm up for modelling yet, but I can do skins at least for now. While I'm still working on my first skin, a very specific modification of someone else's skin, I know enough about it to handle some midlevel projects. I do not have JK, although that is a planned purchase for the near future [and a TC will take MUCH longer than that to craft, I'm sure], so that should help as well.

If you're willing, post your email and I'll drop you a line.

Oh, and one last thing; if you're not aware, there is a group working on a TC of Dark Forces. I much prefer the idea of a JK TC, but perhaps once a group here is assembled, we can trade some resources and help each other out?

To answer your question from the first post, Grets, it isn't possible to add new animations to JKII just yet. Raven hasn't released any tools that allow us to export to their GLA animation format. I've been whining about this in several threads for the past two weeks, but there aren't that many people who seem to be interested in creating new anims. I'm a coder, and I love the original Jedi Knight. I haven't done any scripting, though. However, if you could use my help, I'd be glad to offer it to you.

P.S.: Do you plan to use the original cinematic sequences, or are you planning to script new ones?

Just a couple of issues I thought of (I'm sure you have too). Something will have to be done about Maw's lack of a lower body. It could just be made transparent, but you might want to do something to make sure he doesn't move like a person with legs. Boc can't have two lightsabers because it isn't part of the JKII single player code, and you might need help getting the little green guy (forgot his name) into the game. Apparently somebody already got Yoda into the single player game, so that shouldn't be too hard.

Subject452, why ya gotta playa hate, huh? If I was looking for scripters, the coding forum would be the first place I would look too. You'll notice that there isn't a scripting forum, and I know you've told others looking for scripting help to go to General Editing, but surely coders would be the most logical choice to tackle scripting. And yes, this is a JKII forum. Last time I checked, this thread was meant for a total conversion of JKII.

At least I have one supporter(you can leave now subject) And yes, I would like to make the cutscenes new. I liked the cutscenes from that game, but I think that(to make it better) we should make the cutscenes ourselves. I also agree that maw and boc would be tough, but if we can ever make new anims(please oh please oh please raven?) that it would be possible. Those twin sabers would be a tough cookie to do though. And the little guys name is pic. Gorc(the big one) and Pic(the little one), neither of them would be difficult, at least in sp. SP models can be sized different, but mp can't. I'm glad you could help. E-mail me, we won't really start yet(although you could get a head start), we'll be waiting until we have at least one person in each field(mapping, modeling, skinning, and coding/scripting). Then we'll start in earnest, k? Thanks for helping out!

Okay, this has been bugging me on several fronts. I'm going to say this as nicely as possible. I don't want to start a flame war, but I refuse to stay quiet any longer.

Subject452, if you cannot say anything helpful, SAY NOTHING. All I have seen you do is tell people they're in the wrong place, but you offer not an iota of real help. Please go away.

Appologies to everyone else. Back to the subject at hand, I unfortunately don't know what we can do about someone who fights with two lightsabers in SP. Anakin made me very jealous for all of five seconds, but that's beside the point. There has to be some workaround, but I cannot for the life of me think of it. Raven's Mike Grumelt [sorry if I am spelling his name wrong] has often helped the modding community, and though of course he's not just going to hand us the SP source, maybe he could offer a pointer or two [if, that is, he gets a moment away from his current project].

The problem is, that's about as likely as me learning to code all of this by myself. Possible, but not going to happen any time soon.

My suggested plan of action for now is to take this off the boards and discuss things elsewhere. I know a good place we can use; I'll email you about it shortly. If someone can find me screenshots of the more unique characters from JK1, I can begin to think of what I can do with them in JK2. Can't hurt for me to get a head start, ne?

Keep in mind how long an undertaking like this will take. The DF TC's guestimated release date is more than a year away, and they've already begun work. This project is just beginning to assemble a team. Still, if things go as I wish, maybe we'll get at least a few goodies out "soon" [meaning a month or two].

Here's a good coding question since we're on the coding board. I know SP modifications are not possible, at least not on the scope possible with MP, but what about player animations? Is Jedi Moves only in MP? I was under the impression that the animations file is editable for either. If this is so.... *ponders* Well, I only have some vague ideas of the possibilities now, but I'm sure someone will think of something as time goes on.

Don't worry, Harukaze, I hope to get more people together. No skinners have responded though:(...

I'm glad there are supporters out there(well duh, of course people are going to like it, lol) We would need to have new anims for certain characters(maw, if it's possible boc) I really hope we can get boc in there. He was a cool person, even though he was two fries short of a happymeal:D My favorite would have to be Jerec though. Anyway, back on topic here. I've got a couple more mappers, plus a skinner, or is he a modeler? I don't know, but we have mappers now. And your right, it wouldn't hurt to get a head start. In fact, you'd better start as soon as you read this. This is going to be a big and long project. But think of the rewards. Your name will be spread all over the place. This, despite how long it will take, will be one of the best mods(the other ones being the df, and the Ep. II)

Yet another issue about the TC that involves coding. Forgive my ignorance, but are Force power affects in an editable location? It seems to be so, if JediMoves is what I believe it is. So then shouldn't we be able to make a modification to Force Jump. More of a cosmetic thing than anything, but it's still something to keep in mind.

If you want to make the force system like MOTS, you pretty much have to tear down the existing force system, implicate the class mod, then design a new UI for the force allocation... too much work imo.

You should be concentrating on first importing the guns from JK/mots first, then work after that.

I wasn't referring to changing the force powers to those in JK, precisely. What I meant was to change Force Jump to look like it did in JK, which I think is already done in Jedi Moves. But I didn't get a chance to play with that yet, so I don't know.

when i said i want the force jump from JK1 i meant that i dont want it "attached" to regular jumping. I think regular jumping should be a little higher and with flips, like Luke did when training with Yoda on his back in the swamp, he fliped over a branch or something but didnt force jump. Force jump should be a skill to use like push and pull, it should be chargeable, the longer you hold it the higher you can go. And it would be nice to have the tap force jump that max's the height so you dont have hold it down all the way. Also if you force jump while standing still you shouldnt be able to go flying straight after you jump, you should be able to go forward only a little, and it should look like hes jumping fast, not floating up. Also when you run and force jump you should go forward a lot more.

something like that anyways.

Madjai, we would at least try to get the full experiance. Like the name says, "TC" I'd like to have the game changed to be almost exactly like jk1, but if something is impossible, then, well, it's impossible. We would try though...

:dangit jk2.net, make smilies for the ranks!: Grrarroooaaar!!!

Archived