Home

Weighting mesh onto bones

SAIK HUAT

I have read the tutorial on making models (The one with the updated toolz) and cant get my head around weighting mesh onto bones. If anyone could explain more thorougly, were to get the skeleton (or how to get it) and how to fix the mesh onto the skeleton I would be grateful. I have also looked for more tutorials but couldnt find any on my wavelength (im a little bit new to modeling but not a total n00b). Someone please help cause this is a hard part of modeling I dont think I can solve by myself. Up till now all the questions I have posted are still unanswered in this "WIP-strong" forum. I fear too many people are to excited about models in progress instead of helping those who want to make models themselves. So please, dont leave this HARD question unanswered, because theres a great model in progress if I can get some HELP on it! Stop posting in those lame "I want yoda" threads (NOTE: The yoda model by kinja is not lame... The people who go "I really, really, really, really, WANT yoda" is lame. Everyday I see another name with the same lines in the same thread bumping all the threads with questions to the bottom :mad: )

The bones you get from the example models in XSI format in the tools from Raven. There are Kyle and a stormtrooper as root.xsi in two folders. import them to 3ds max and delete all the mashes, let only all the bones and the bolts there. save that and you can merge it into your model.

i hope that brings you some steps forward.

But it is sad to see these WIP threads with tousends of visits and nobody help you. They are the names that people are looking for. I am working on a Gamorrean model and get also a minor attention, because nobobody knows what a Gamorrean is.

so Im looking for these minor treads and hope i can help, so as someone helps me.

If the root.xsi is an editable mesh slelet faces and hack away. Though when you imported the skeleton was there an option to just include the skeleton?

check polycount and wolfblade.com i bet your question will be answered with more depth.

- I would use the "select from a list" option and uncheck everything except the Xrefs. this will leave the bone structure.

- Then you want to select all and UNHIDE everything, then hide selected skeleton.

- Then use the "select from a list" option again and select everything that says BOLT, and hide that.

- You should be left with the just the mesh and you can delete it. then un-hide, save and merge.

That is how I did it!

V!G

Archived