1. 1. speaker or headphones... poll.

• speakers
    • headphones
    • I am deaf
    • I do not own a soundcard
    • I own a IMAX theater and use that for my gameing

my comps hooked up to home theater system occasionally

can't beat tower speakers and subs :D

but if i'm playing in another room and not wanting to bother people, i use my sony mdr-e888.

its got the freakin' 1.5m long cord so i can't use it on my walkmans, cuz the remote is already 1m. + 1.5m earphone cords, and i'll have black cords coming outta my ass -___________-

i stick with my 30cm long e838's for walkman haha

I have Klipsch 5.1

Sennheiser 580's with an amp.

And Radio Shack Pro 35's

SB Audigy.

For positional sound with SB (SB Live, Audigy, etc) or Sensaura (Hercules, Santa Cruz, etc) I would say headphones have a much clearer sound and are superior for 3D positional (up, down, behind, etc).

Of all those - the Radio Shack ones are the best for games!

These little headphones pack a huge punch and the bass is amazing ...

I highly suggest grabbing yourself a pair or listening to them at Radio Shack - (often they are on sale $19.99).

The advantage to the Shack ones is the volume control on the cable and they can be powered by anything - no amp:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F002%5F001%5F008%5F000&product%5Fid=33%2D1122

You really gotta hear these thing to believe em - bring a cd or portable cd player, etc. You'll be impressed that so much sound comes out of those little things - I have two pair. :)

Try this:

http://ftp.sensaura.com/PLAYER3D.ZIP

Okay, after you install it - run the program and find the loopymusic.wav file in one of the directories of the program.

Fiddle and experiment with the paths (be sure to set your headphones and speakers properly in your audio card's software and the player's software).

It's a very good test of horizontal and verticle, and stuff like that.

I prefer speakers. Better bass that can rock the house rather than just your ear dums. I feel that speakers can be more effective for gaming, and more effecient and better sounding for music. Also isn't as unhealthy for hearing.

Archived